Honeymoon Avenue

Brandon's POV

Setting down a box next to Callie, I take it all in. Our first place, it wasn't perfect in anyway, but knowing that we owned it, was perfect enough for me. Callie, her hair pinned up and wearing one of my old flannels, placed her hands on her hip as she sighed a sigh of relief. 

" We're finally home." She said smiling and wrapping her arms around my neck, placing a kiss on my forehead.

" I wish we could afford a real honeymoon. I wouldn't call a apartment sized house in the suburbs a beautiful retreat. I'm sorry Callie, but I promise- one day I'm going to take you wherever you want, because you deserve it." I say squeezing her hand gently, reassuring her that we would make it. We wouldn't make my parent's mistakes, we would be honest and true with one another.

She looked up to me and softly giggling she said, " Brandon, this- this right here, with you is better than any honeymoon, I could ever want."

Callie's POV

As Brandon sets up the handy down television set we got from Brandon's dad, I order Chinese food from the local place in town, after our new eccentric neighbor dropped off vegan cookies- something Brandon and me were both excited to try. In sync we spit out the cookies in the garbage after the neighbor left, and broke out in laughter as we peeked out the windows to make sure that she had left. 

I walked into the room to find Brandon sitting on the floor with my guitar, clearly have given up on setting up the set. In a way, I was glad to not have the t.v., set up. 

" Can, I join?" I asked, scooting next to him, and resting my head on his shoulder.

" Of course-" Brandon says as he pecks me on the cheek. Handing me the guitar, Brandon asks me to play a song, explaining, " I was never really good anyway- play me a song?" He asks, smiling.

" I haven't played in years!" I say as I hesitate, before trying to figure out the chords to my song- Callie's Song. I had never really seen the sheet, once or twice at most, but I fortunately, I had figured out by ear- the song.

Nudging me I finally begin to play, as I see Brandon's face light up when he realizes it's his song, my song, our song. " I think we might be outlaws- I think we might be in love-I'll love you everyday and everyday."

We finish the day, Brandon's head resting in my lap as we dig through cartons among cartons of Chinese food watching, I Love Lucy.

" This is perfect." I say as I run my fingers through Brandon's hair.

" Because I'm with you- that's why it's perfect." Brandon says smiling.

" You're so cheesy." I say blushing as we both break out into laughter.