A Christmas Miracle

Brandon's POV

I step out of the car, grabbing a check I had written out for ten thousand dollars, leaving Robert's check back at home with Callie. I leave my phone in my car, as I truly believe that dealing with Robert won't take too long. I walk up to the gates of his villa, pressing the small button as one of his workers picks up.

" How may I help you, Mr. Foster?" The voice bellows as I am taken back of how the man knows my name.

" How do you know my name?" I ask startled as I look around the premise for cameras, but even if there was I realize I still wouldn't know how he would know my name.

" Your my daughter's husband, I feel like I should know who you are." The voice- Robert's voice says laughing. He beeps me in as I take the long walk to the front entrance. Robert opens the door as I look over at him. He looks so much like Callie- I am taken back once again. He is tall and has dark brown curly hair, that has been cut short and is slightly graying around the edges. He has dark brown eyes, that are just slightly too large for his face, but it's his nose that reminds me most of Callie. It is a short nose, with a slight downward slope, an exact replicas to Callie's.

He extends his hand to me as I shake his hand, as he greets me, " Mr. Foster, Merry Christmas."

" Merry Christmas to you, Sir." I say as he welcomes me into his home. I follow him to, what seems to be his third livingroom, as I remark, " You have a beautiful house, Sir." As Robert laughs and says," Please call me Rob, all of my associates call me Sir, it gets-" Rob says as he tries to find the word, " Exausting?" I ask as Rob smiles and agrees as he says, "Yes."

" Now, Mr. Foster." Rob continues as he hands me a drink. " Oh, please call me Brandon- all of my students call me Mr. Foster and it gets-" I begin as Rob finishes, " Exausting?"  I smirk as I reply, " Yes." 

" Now, may I ask what brings you here?" Rob says as he pours himself another cocktail. 

" Yes, well, Callie and I are just starting out, but we wanted to- what I am trying to say. " I begin trying to find the words to both thank and deny him the money he gave to Callie.

" You don't want the money." Rob states, appearing to be both dissapointed, but understanding.

" Thank you, it just seems like-" I begin as Rob cuts me off saying, " Like I haven't been around her entire life, and now I am trying to make up for lost time?" Rob says as I nod my head.

" Brandon, if you don't mind- if you have the time, rather, I'd like to share the story with you." Rob says as I sip my drink and reply, " I have time."

" Great." Rob says as he gets up and says, " Give me one moment please, my stepdaughter is buzzing in." I stand up as I see Lou at the door. In her arms she holds a small baby, nestled up in blankets- a newborn.

Rob hugs Lou, as she hands Rob the baby. Rob kisses his head as he smiles and says, " He's perfect." 

" Rob, meet your grandson, " William Robert Matthews." Rob smiles, as I see a tear run down his face, " I wish I could have been there, if I had only known, I would I have been there in a heartbeat."

" I believe you- how was London?" Lou says as Robert remarks, " Horrible." Lou laughs as Robert shifts his attention to me, " My apoligies, Brandon- this is my stepdaughter, Lou."

Lou looks over at me and smiles as she walks over to me, " Oh, I know him very well." She says as she pulls me into a hug.