Chapter 73

"Hey girls! Cece and I were wondering if you guys were free after school tomorrow, you could all come over to our place. We could do our homework, then go for a swim?" I ask the girls as we exit the cafeteria. Apparently when teachers are absent, and there's no substitute, they have us sit in the cafeteria.

"I'm free." Tiffany and Julia say at the same time.

"Me too." Halle says. Jordan nods.

"I can't. I work at the stables after school." Karen explains.

"Stables? As in, horses!?" I ask her. She slowly nods.

"OEMGEE! We have to go together sometime! I LOVE horses!" I squeal, jumping up and down like a little kid. What? I love horses!

"Does anyone know if Mackenna is free? Poor thing had math alone." Julia cried, looking like someone had killed a puppy in front of her.

"No, she won't be able to come. She has to babysit her neighbors after school." Jordan told us. I nod.

"I guess it's just the six of us then." Cece says. "Ya know, besides the six guys and possibly three other girls that might randomly show up.." She adds.

"Yeah, I don't think anyone would mind though.. We're all kinda huge fans." Halle says in a sarcastic tone.

"As long as you don't sabotage the future of #Traycee, we shouldn't have any problems." Cece smirks. I glare at her.

"I already told you. Both of us have moved on." I argued. The girls all roll their eyes simultaneously. Creepy..

"You're just in denial. It's obvious he still likes you. You can tell just by the way he looks at you." Cece tells me like its the most obvious thing in the world.

"And you obviously still like him. Considering how much you talk about him.. AND WE JUST MET TODAY!" Tiffany says with a sly grin, nudging my arm.

"Don't worry Jaycee. We'll help you two get back together." Julia assures me and with that, walks off to her next class along with everyone else.

UGH WHY DO YOU DITCH ME!? I don't care about Trevor anymore. Yeah he's still my friend/brother, but it don't really like him in THAT way anymore. How is it obvious he still likes me? Yeah, I catch him staring at me every once in a while, but nothing like what Cece said.

Now I have to find my next class too. By myself. This should be interesting. Thanks girls, really.

***

I wander around the school looking for D-building and getting extremely lost in the process. You may be wondering, 'if you've gone to the same school before, shouldn't you know your way around?'

No. This school is fucking huge. First off, the school is partly on a hill, so there's different levels to it. There's a preschool in its own building on one side, the elementary school next to it, the middle school on the level above it, then the high school has it's own area too. Every grade has their own buildings, with the gym, band room, weight room, auditorium, and art room in their own buildings.

This school is extremely complicated. It's very easy to get lost.

With that thought, I'm now on my ass in the middle of the hallway. I must've bumped into something. Or someone?

"I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" I snap back into reality to see a boy with light brown hair and the brightest green eyes I've ever seen crouching down next to me.

"Uh- I- yeah. I'm fine. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I stutter out.

"Well you weren't the one riding a skateboard around the halls." He chuckles. It was then I notice the skateboard next to me on the sidewalk. "Here, let me help you up." He stands up, pulling me up with him. He picks up his skateboard and leans it against the wall.

"My name is Mason by the way. You can call me Max if you want. You're Jaycee right?" Max asks. I nod slowly.

"What you did in the cafeteria today was incredible. Nobody ever has the guts to stand up to Bianca. She thinks she's queen of the school. That's gonna change now that you're here." He tells me.

"I've decided to call her Bitchanca. What do you mean that's gonna change?" I ask.

"Well, your family is YouTube famous, you basically blew up the Grove fountain, you stood up to the biggest bitch in the school, and you're friends with E3. Every girl here is jealous of you and your sister." He explains. "And Bitchanca is genius." He adds.

"Wow. Stalker much?" I accuse him.

"NO! My little sister loves O2L and E3 and will not shut up about how she wishes she was you. You're pretty much her idol." He rambles. I giggle.

"Really?" I ask. He nods. "How old is she?"

"Eight." My jaw drops a little. No big deal right? Not like I have an eight year old girl idolizing me. No pressure.

"Wow." I mutter, shocked.

"Yeah. Are you lost? I mean, we are supposed to be in our classes right now." He asks. I sigh.

"Yeah.. I really hate school." I mumble. I hear Max laugh a little.

"So do I. How about we make up for a crappy week of school and see a movie Friday night?" He asks.

IS MASON ASKING ME OUT ON A DATE!?!!?