Chapter 36

Jc shakes his head, grabs a slice, and takes a seat on the counter next to me. Everyone else just kinda awkwardly shuffled out of the room.

"So, where were you guys hiding?" Jc asks, squinting his eyes at us.

"I'll never tell.." I say and turn to look at Trevor. "Don't tell him ok?" I whisper to him. He nods and I turn back to Jc.

He cocks eyebrow and rolls his eyes, then gets down from the counter and leaves.

Trevor and I just sit and eat the pizza, and talk. After the pizza is gone, I stuff the trash into the bin and turn to Trevor.

"Wanna go up to the roof?" I ask him.

"You're not plotting to kill me, are you?" He asks with his 'suspicious face'. I laugh.

"No, come on!" I say. I grab hold of his wrist and pull him upstairs.

[A/N ALL YOU #TRACEE SHIPPERS THIS IS FOR YOU!💞💋]

We get to my room and luckily, Cece is not practicing her music for once! I rip the big blanket off my bed and wrap it in a ball. I open my window, throw the blanket out onto the little ledge, then climb out and up to the roof.

Trevor follows me up, with the blanket dragging behind him. We sit at the very top, watch the stars, the blanket around us.

"Jaycee?"

"Yeah Trev?"

"Do you like me? I mean, like like me?" He asks.

"I really do Trev." I reply honestly.

"Will, um. Will you, uh, will you be my girlfriend?" He stutters. Awwwhh!

"Yes, of course. But, what about the guys?" I ask.

"Shh, don't worry about them. We'll figure out a way." He says. He leans in and kisses my forehead. AAWWWWHHH! Seriously, THE FEELS!

"You know, we're going to Hawaii soon.. You get to show us around your home!" He says excitedly. I sigh.

"I'm honestly so excited, but I'm just worried. What if I run into my dad, or my sister? He'll kill me, and sh-she-" I can't say anymore. I just can't.

He hugs me and calms me down, when I get a great idea. I teach them about Hawaii! So they don't look like clueless tourists as much. I know Hawaii and the people, everybody from there, hates the tourists.

I look to Trevor and he's giving me the weirdest look. I must be smiling bigger than I think I am.

"What?" Trev asks.

"You'll see!" I say. I get up and climb back into my room, just leaving Trevor there.

I open up my laptop and go on Facebook. Is it weird that I stalk my sister on here? I pull up a really old photo of us. I was probably four or five. Before all the drama with my parents. We're at the beach, our favorite fishing spot. My dad is holding up his big fish, while my sister and I have our small ones. Mom has me on her hip, my dad next to us, with Alex standing in front. We were happy, smiling, a strong family.

What happened? I have no idea. I need my ukulele..

I pick up my instrument and quickly fix the tuning, then strum. I first play Brown Eyed Girl by the Kaau Crater Boys, and sing. My dad used to sing this song to me. He called me his brown eyed girl, because of my big brown eyes.

"My brown eyed girl
You're my brown eyed girl
Do you remember when
we used to sing.
Sha la la la la la la la la la la de da."

We would sing that together around the fire every night. Part of the song referred to my mom, the other to my sister and I. We all had big brown eyes.

Next I play the song we would all wake up to. Good Morning Hawaii by Roman. This song would make the mornings happy. My dad was always the first awake. When it was time for the rest of us to wake up, he would play the song really loud and sing.

"Your mountains keep me smiling
Your oceans keep me cool, yeah
People come to see these islands
To catch a glimpse of you
Good morning Hawaii
You have been sleeping for too long
Good morning Hawaii...."

I sing the song, and by the end, I'm crying harder than I ever had before. I feel arms around me and I look up.. Jenn?