Chapter 30

We arrive at Starbucks, park, and go inside. We both order a caramel frap, (#CommonWhiteGirls) and sit down at a table next to the window.

"Jaycee, I have to tell you something." Connor says.

"Yeah?" I squeak. This doesn't sound great. He sighs.

"O2l is going on tour." He says and looks up at me.

"And, why is that a bad thing?" I ask.

"It's not, it's just-" He didn't finish.

"It's just what?"

"Well, the first stop is in Hawaii." He tells me. Ok?

"So..?"

"Well you're coming with us, so is Cece..." He trailed off.

"And you're worried my dad is gonna find me." He looks up and nods.

"Don't be, he hasn't seen me since I was 7, I don't think he'll recognize me." I tell him.

He relaxes a bit but I'm freaking out even more now. I only told Connor that so he would calm down and not worry about it. To be honest, I have no idea where my dad is, or what he's doing, or if he's been stalking me all this time, or if he's trying to find me, or if he wants to kill me.. Stop! Ok, don't think of that.

But what if he does find me and kill me?

"Then nobody will care"

"Nobody will have to act like they love you"

"Everyone will be happy you're gone"

The voices. They always come back in stressful moments.

"If you do it now, then he won't have to"

"SHUT UP!" I scream.

I run for the door. I run out and down the street a little. I find a small alley and sit there. Not too far in, more like at the corner of the building. I sit there and cry. I hate those voices. I hate the kids back at the orphanage for making me have them. I hate my dad for taking his anger out on me. I hate my mom for leaving. I hate everything.

But I love the boys. I love Cece. I love Andrea. I love the house. I love how I always get coffee with Connor. I love how him and Ricky are my shopping buddies. I love how Trevor and I always sing together. I love Kian's weird attitude. I love Sam's stupid smirk and how he shows he cares. I love that Jc is my dad. I love how they get freaked out when I talk in German and when Cece and I know what the other's thinking. I love that I met Cece. I love that she's more of a sister to me than my actual sister used to be. I love my life.

The positive always outweighs the negative. Whenever I feel like I hate the world, I ask myself what I love about it. It always makes me feel so much better.

Speaking of my sister, what if she finds me? My mom took her when she left and she's only a few years older than me. I think she's 17 now. Her name was Alexandra. She didn't get a Hawaiian name because my mom named her. My dad wanted her to be named what he named me, and when I came along, he gave me the Hawaiian name he wanted my sister to have. I kinda miss her. We were close, best friends even, but Cece was always more of a sister than she was.

I pull out my phone and call Connor. He's probably going insane. I've been gone for half an hour and he hasn't found me.

"Jaycee? Are you ok? Where the hell are you?" He asks as soon as he picks up.

"I'm fine, I just needed time alone for a second. I'll meet you back at Starbucks ok?" I tell him.

"Ok, I'm on my way back there now." He says and hangs up.

I slide my phone back into my pocket and stand up. I walk back down to the Starbucks and sit at the table where we were sitting. Moments later, Connor sits down in front of me.

"What the actual fuck was that?" He asks.

"Just forget it, it's over with." I say.

"Ok well, we better get back home." He says.

"Ok, wait- how am I supposed to get all that stuff inside without the guys and Cece finding out what I'm doing?" I ask. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

"Oh, yeah. That's gonna be tough." He says with his 'thinking' face.

"Whatever, who cares if they find out." I shrug a we walk out to the car.

We get home and start to carry everything in. It took a few trips, be we got it all up to my room. We also got some extremely weird and confused looks from the guys. Whatever.