36

FT : Rosengard 1-2 Man City {Seger 34' ; Mewis 85', Martens 89'}

After the game and the team dinner, Lucy and I are walking her dog. 

The sunset is gigantic, as those pinkish colors are taking over the view. When we make it to the Irwell River, the colors that are reflecting on the quiet water just makes it even more beautiful, as I can't help but open my mouth. That makes Lucy smile, as she shamelessly grabs my hand, looking at Narla.

We find a cute spot by the river, in order to allow our feet into the water. The beautiful silence around us - sometimes with a background of city sounds - makes it even more peaceful, as my hand wanders on Lucy's leg. 

The defender smiles, looking my way. 

"Your performance was amazing today" she whispers, and I can see the pride in her eyes. That feeling warms up my heart, as she adds : "Player of the Match for sure."

"More like Player of your Heart, you mean" I tease, amused. 

She gives me a quick bow in the ribs, and that makes both of us smile. She then becomes serious again, before putting her head on my shoulder, as I wrap my arm around her. I know she is feeling pretty sad right now : her family was supposed to come and see her today, but her mother decided that they wouldn't. 

I kiss the top of her head. 

But I also appear to know that she doesn't want to talk about it - I mean, it seems strange, but I can feel it in my guts - so I decide to only show her my support by holding her and waiting for her to change the subject.

And she does : 

"I feel bad for Jadie" 

I frown. 

"Why ?"

"That girl is so confused... I mean, the whole Millie thing, but then, I'm going to be honest, I don't think she's over her ex."

"Ex... Boyfriend ?" I ask, confused.

Lucy softly laughs. 

"No, I mean, her ex-girlfriend" she softly explains, smirking. "Jo Potter, one of my England teammates... They have been together since like 2012 or something, and broke things off in the middle of 2017 because Jade changed team without even warning Jo."

That makes me frown again. 

"Woah, that's a long time with someone..."

"Jo was her rock, and I think that somehow, Jade told herself she wanted Millie because it hurts too much to admit that she is still high over heels with Jo." the defender thoughtfully says, shaking her head.

She then straightens, as Narla comes to greet her. She hugs the puppy, before looking my way, as my hand is still on her leg. 

"I had no idea they were together... Where is Jo playing now ?"

"Liverpool."

"The team we're facing next week ?"

"Yes."

"Uh oh."

There is a small silence, before Lucy says :

"Maybe we should help them find their way back to each other... I mean, Millie's great, but certainly not gay or in love with Jade, and Jo is literally her soulmate" The brunette then frowns, looking at me. "We should invite Jo and Sio over when they come here next week ? You guys will have your apartment back, right ?"