52

Jade's laugh invades the room. 

After a rough couple of days emotionally speaking, the whole team decided to take the night off and turn it into a girl's night. Bass invited us in her house, and since her boyfriend is not here, it's all about us. 

I smile, as I take my computer in hands. I go on the Sporting Chic blog, clicking on my latest piece. Leah Williamson, who is looking above my shoulder, asks :

"Can I read it ?"

"Sure." I say, smiling. 

I hand her my computer, and she starts reading :

____________________________

SPORTING CHIC - Kristie Mewis.

Usually, I only write about how ridiculous my sister's and Stephanie's styles are, or how good mine is. I prefer to talk about clothes than people, because it's less complicated : clothes are still, emotionless, without any dramatic story I could've heard of.

But today, as my season with Manchester City comes to an end with a Champions League title in sight - one more step, people - I thought to myself : 'Kristie, you're surrounded my amazing women, you can't only write about clothes'.

During my time in England, I learnt a lot about myself and others. You can't forever hide behind your clothes, or even sarcasm shield ; people love people. People find a way inside people's mind. And my teammates certainly found the way to me. 

Therefore, I can easily name this piece of work : 16 PERSONALITIES

Karen Bardsley, our number one goalkeeper and England superstar, probably is the most tall, awkward person I've ever met. Actually, she reminds me a lot of my sister Sam, but in way less clumsy. When I get in the locker room first thing in the morning, she's always here first, her coffee in hand - a different one every morning, but sure, KB, you're certainly not a coffee addict, never mind - and her usual 'HEY THERE, LAD !' directed at me, as always. 

Another early bird, who is desperately trying harder every day to come in before KB, would be Dzenifer Maroszan. I mean, one does not become Olympic gold medalist by coming in late. So, at first, I was terrified only thinking that I'd share a field with such a big caliber player. When my sister found out about that information of Maro joining the team, she just fangirled so hard it wasn't even funny. But you know what ? Maro is human, and what a hell of a human she is ! Shopping with her must be the funniest thing ever - while I just go for the most original clothes, she just goes for genderless clothes, either black or white/grey. No, the other day, she wore purple (miracle !)

Speaking of shopping shenanigans, Laura Feiersinger has become the other part of 'Double Trouble'. I have to admit that Austrian people are stylish - you should learn from her, Maro - and funny has hell. So, almost every Friday, to celebrate the beginning of the weekend, we just drive downtown Manchester and lose ourselves in the weirdest shops ever, and often get surprised. How magic is that ? 

 How magic is that ?