4

"I think you could use a drink" I say, sitting down. 

Lucy Bronze looks up at me, before smirking. 

We've been eliminated in the first round of that 'friendly' bowling competition, and I know both of us are bitter about it. So there basically are two teams - I was with KB, Steph, Jade, Bass and Nikita, while Lucy was with Carli, Jill, Leah, Izzy and Kosse - and each round they're eliminating one person based on the points and go on to a 'final'.

Since I suck at bowling, I knew I'd end up drinking on that couch. So I hand Lucy a glass of wine as well, before looking at our teammates actually be talented. 

"Thank you" Lucy says in a shy voice.

When I turn to look at her, a sudden question comes to my mind :

"I was wondering : is 'Tough' really your third name ?"

The defender immediately looks at me, her eyes flickering. She then has a smirk on her face - that exact smirk she does all the time - and asks :

"Have you been stalking me or something ?" 

I restrain myself from blushing, because I know it'd be weird. Instead, something in me wants to be Femme Fatale, as I rely on my right arm, my left hand being busy with the glass of wine. I smile at her casually. 

"My sister wanted to know everything about my new teammates, and that one fact made her laugh for ten minutes."

Lucy giggles. 

"I can understand why" she jokes, and that makes a weird laugh escape my throat. I start getting uncomfortable, as Lucy makes fun of me. "Well, I see it makes you laugh as much as your sister, so I guess it's good." 

"Not as much as her..." 

"Yes, my third name really is 'Tough'"

"So the full version is...?" I tease her, taking a sip of wine. 

She shakes her head. 

"Lucia Roberta Tough Bronze" she enunciates. 

I have to restrain myself from laughing, as she shakes her head, faking being hurt by that. She then smiles again - one of those smiles she should have on her face more often because of how pure they are and- wait what the hell are you thinking ? - patiently waiting for my comment. 

As she drinks wine, I say : 

"Damn that's... something"

Really, that's all you've got ? That must be what Lucy is thinking as well, before she actually asks a clever question : 

"What is yours ?"

"Only Kristen Mewis."

"Why calling yourself Kristie then ?" 

I smirk : she's becoming curious. 

"Mhm, I don't really know... My sister just didn't like Kristen and never said the name right, so then everybody started saying Kristie instead of Kristen."

Lucy nods.

"Fair enough."

As I am about to ask her what she was thinking of the club and players, I see Bass coming from behind her and wrap her arms around the girl's shoulders and neck. Lucy jumps a little bit, as the other defender says : 

"Sorry, I've got to borrow you this champ right here. Sorry."

That only makes me laugh, as Lucy gets dragged back on the bowling lane because Izzy got 'hurt', when in reality she only lost balance and fell on the middle of the lane. The girl whose face looks like a baby's just sits down next to me. 

Now and then, my eyes can't help but bring me back to Lucy, and I don't really understand why. 

*

Jade jumps on me, delighted. 

"Ugh, seriously, get off" I let out under my breath. 

If there is something everybody close to me would enunciate as a bad side of my personality, then it'd be the fact that I am undrinkable in the morning. Like, I need to be woken up by the natural lights and not by any sort of other thing making music, and then on my own. But Jade obviously ignored that. 

She is trying to make me turn around, as I am lying on my stomach. In order to do so, she says : 

"Get up, we have a new recruit and I think you might like that !" 

I groan.

"I don't care, get off..."

"It's one of your former Spirit teammates"

This time, I am curious.

"Who ?"

Jade jokingly walks away, ignoring me. 

It's only when I get to the training field that I spot Kelsey Wys having a chat with KB. More than happy to finally know someone - more than know, actually, because back with the Spirit, Kelsey was one of my best friends, or at least a person I respect and really enjoy being around because she is calm as fuck - I joyfully run toward her.

When she realizes it's me, she smirks. I jump into her arms, and she catches me. 

"Yo, Mewis" the keeper lets out, before putting me on he ground. Once I pull away, an huge smile on my face, she frowns. "Damn, I've never seen you so smiling before."

Everybody around us is smirking, before starting the warm-ups. 

"It's good to see you too, Wys." 

The keeper nods, before following KB to the keepers training.

a/n : i'm leaving for my holidays tonight, so i don't think i'm going to update in a while (1-2 weeks)

question : do you like the story/what would you change ?