33

From : Lucy Bronze {Fri, 7:56 pm}

I need you... 

"Uhm, guys, I think I'm just going to get some rest before tomorrow because it's gonna be a long day and that travel day ended me..." I say, looking at my teammates.

Bass nods.

"Are you sure ?"

"Yes."

"Then we'll see you tomorrow at training, champ

I quickly smile to them, before going back inside of the hotel.

______________________________

"Lucy ?"

I softly knock at the door, and I can hear movement inside. So I open the door and come in, determined. 

Lucy is sitting on her bed, in tears. 

Her oh-so-beautiful eyes are even greener than they usually are, as her tone is pale and scary. I immediately close the door behind me, before rushing to the bed. Something definitely happened. I mean, I know her now : she has too much pride to ask for my help and wouldn't do it unless it's an emergency.

I immediately wrap my arms around her, pulling her closer. She buries her face on my shoulder and hair, while I hold her tighter.

"Ssh, I'm here now..." I start, not sure what to say. Oh, and fuck it, there's no time to think through every single word you say. "You're safe, I'm here."

She grabs my arm, as if I was the only thing she was relying on.

"My mother called..."

She is sobbing. 

Very hurt to see her like that - I mean, I could destroy the whole world right now if it meant she's feel better - I sigh. I kiss the top of her head, as she lets go of everything she's been holding back lately. 

The tears keep on coming out. 

"Lucy, it's okay"

"It's so not" she says in between two tears, more in a whisper. "S-she heard about... K-Keira went t-to see her a-and t-told her I a-abandoned her after saying y-yes to her"

"Ssh."

"S-she doesn't want a-anything to do with me, e-ever a-a-again..."

This time, she can't even talk anymore. 

What kind of a mother is that ? My angry thoughts put aside for her, I hold her, again and again. As I am trying to figure out what words would be the best for the current situation, she loudly lets out some painful sounds to hear. 

I bite my lips, absolutely devastated so see her suffer.

"You've got me, Lucy. I swear we'll sort things out..." I try to reassure her the best that I can, trying to communicate how much I love her. But she doesn't stop crying, so I add : "I'm sorry, it's all my fault..."

She straightens a little bit, her forehead against mine, and her eyes closed. 

"N-no, y-you have nothing to d-do with all that..."

"Of course I have something to do" I insist, my hands softly caressing her cheeks. "I'm the problem..."

"No" Lucy coldly says, looking straight in my eyes. My whole body shivers because of how intense it is. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me, so don't you dare blaming yourself... I am responsible : I let my guards down and fell in love with you."