20

January 9

As we are walking up the stairs, Shelina grows nervous.

After making it to Manchester from Washington, we got stucked in traffic jams because of a football game, and then had to push the car to a gas station because it wouldn't work anymore, only to be given another car so that we could go home safely. Kelsey, who obviously also was there, is just tired and ready to get to their apartment. 

Due to the recent changes in the team, the roommates have been reassigned - thank God not me, because I'm still with Jade and that other French player - so the two former Spirit players are now roommates, along with KB and Leah Williamson. I can only understand what Shelina is feeling at the moment, arriving in a new team and having to live with two people she absolutely does not know.

But as soon as KB opens the door, the pressure comes down : the keeper has a bright smile on her lips, immediately hugging the Canadian.

"Nice to finally meet you !" the English goalie says, a big grin on her face. I just realize that those two really never met, even on an international level, mostly because last time England played Canada it was in the World Cup and Shelina wasn't on the team yet. "Let me help you with those".

Shelina smiles, letting the keeper grab two of her suitcases. 

"Thank you."

"All right fam" I let out, yawning. "I'll get to my own apartment, because my roomie is probably waiting for me with food. Bye."

"See you tomorrow, Mewie" Kelsey snaps.

I nod, on my way to the metro : even though it's only 7 pm here, I'm already tired as fuck. I almost fell asleep like three times on the metro, only surrounded by my three luggage and weird people.

___________________

When I open the door, I am welcomed by Jade's screams, as she jumps on me. I almost lose my balance, walking in the best as I can, holding her tightly. I must say : I have missed her, and the way she always leaves food for me, or tea in the morning. Or even her presence, really. 

Once she's done hugging me, she turns around to face another girl. I immediately recognize her : it's Amel Majri, one of the best player France has ever had. 

a/n : Amel Majri 

I give her my hand to shake, saying :

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kristie" 

"So I've heard" the brunette lets out with a smirk - or maybe it's just her usual face who knows - before adding : "Everybody's talking about you an your contract expiring in the end of the season."