38

Lucy has her sad face on when she takes my hands in hers.

We are currently in my room - in my apartment that we are allowed to be in again, thank the sweet lord - and I just told her about the offer I got from the American league. I can see her puppy eyes, and her lips biting, which are not good signs. 

As I am prepared for her to just yell at me or something, I am surprised when she says : 

"Kristie ?" I look straight at her, nodding. "I love you. I promise we will work this out..."

"Wait, what-"

"You need to take that offer : it's one in a lifetime" she clears out, absolutely devastated. 

There is a small silence. 

"W-what about... us ?" I ask, shaking. 

She squeezes my hands. 

"I want what's best for you, Kristie... And this is what's best. I don't want you not to follow your dreams for me... I want you to fucking run after them, do you hear me ? I promise we will find a way, okay ?"

I wipe my tears away. 

"O-okay."

"Come here."

She grabs my t-shirt to pull me closer, and softly kisses me. I only realize later that we are both crying because we know it won't be easy. 

This is kind of a goodbye already.

__________________________

"So... I guess Jade doesn't know I'm here ?" 

If there's one first impression of Jo Potter that has stood up, it's the fact that she actually could be related to Harry Potter : her narrow eyes and serious mug are pretty cute, while the way she walks, moves, breathe and so on are pretty... chill. Just chill. 

a/n : Josanne 'Jo' Potter {we have reason to believe she is Jade's real life girlfriend.}

Lucy throws her a smirking look, before saying : 

"Obviously, no."

"Alright, I bet she won't be very happy then" Jo lets out, a little bit nervous. 

As I start cooking the chicken, the two England internationals sit down at the main table, one in front of the other, involved in a staring contest that only results in a pair of laughter and then some friendly words exchanged. 

Until Lucy breaks the vibe by saying : 

"What exactly happened between you two ?" 

Jo looks at her teammate, as I am trying my best not to look too curious : not that the brunette would care, because she actually is pretty chill and outgoing. She reminds me a little of Jade, to be honest.