50

STARTING XI :

Lyon : Bouhaddi ; Buchanan, Renard (c), Houara-D'Hommeaux, M'Bock ; Kumagai, Harder, Abily ; Van der Sanden, Hegerberg, Le Sommer {Subs : Peyraux-Magnin ; Petit ; Dali, Lavogez ; Thomis, Cascarino}

Manchester : Bardsley ; Bronze, Houghton (c), Zadorsky, Majri ; Lloyd, J. Scott, Maroszan, Moore ; Mewis, Martens {Subs : Wys ; Bassett, Williamson ; Feiersinger ; Christiansen}

SCORE FOR NOW : Lyon 3-1 Manchester

___________________________

87'

My heart stops. 

KB is on the ground, just cleated right in the face by Le Sommer and her high boot. She fell hard on the ground after collecting the ball, probably not the way she should've. I see Shelina and SH immediately call for help, and blood on Lucy's hands when she tries to make her turn around. I start jogging toward the bunch, but someone grabs my arm.

When Carli has her concerned face on, I quickly understand we need to talk. We have been playing okay, even very well, before the scoreline is 2-0 for us now, 3-3 aggregate. Which means that the next team to score probably goes to the finale. Carli makes sign to Maro as well, and it's just the three of us. 

Carli doesn't seem very stressed right now, while I, on the other hand, just want to die at the moment because of the pressure and the fans chanting in the stands. 

"Look" the brunette starts, as both Maro and I are very concerned about what she's about to say. "I think I figured something out : their right side is shaky. If you look at our first two goals, they both were from a counter attack and Buchanan wasn't reacting quickly enough."

"But Buchanan is on the left side..." I start.

"Exactly. We haven't been attacking the Houara-M'Bock side enough. I think they're focused on the left. That's why you need to get in behind them, Kristie." 

"Okay."

KB is helped out of the field, probably a ACL tear. She's crying, and when Kelsey steps on the field, she gives her a hug and whispers something to her ear : probably that she will finish what she started.

And the whistle blows again to resume the game.

90+5'  

Jade gets a long through ball above everybody's head, and I start sprinting my butt out. I see the ball fall right in front of me, and players making the run in the middle. 

I try to cross the ball, but instead it just has a weird bounce and ends up hitting the crossbar and go in. 

Manchester erupts in cheers and screams, as I slide on the ground, losing my balance. The first person to jump on me is Izzy, who has been subbed in earlier for Lieke. 

"I LOVE YOU SO FREAKING MUCH VIPER" she yells in my ears.

I hug her, as the rest of my teammates get there : we did it.

When the final whistle blows, it means we won on a 3-4 aggregate. For the first time in ages, someone took Lyon out of the competition they're so used to win. My teammates surround me, but I don't understand anything they're saying. 

Carli takes my head on her hands, kissing my forehead, as SH hugs me from behind. My two mentors have big, big smiles on their lips. 

"Thank you, Vipes" SH whispers in my ears.

I know how the Champions League was her dream ever since she was little, so getting to the finale will be the highlight of her club career. 

But right now, I can't think very clear.

We're going to the Champions League Finale in Geneva, Switzerland, against Paris.