41

TWO WEEKS LATER

Montpellier, France

The game has been postponed two weeks later due to a terrorist attack that occurred in the country two weeks ago

The game has been postponed two weeks later due to a terrorist attack that occurred in the country two weeks ago. The country being in a national grief, we weren't allowed to travel there and play. 

During those past two weeks, we mostly spent our time with each other, like, team-bonding and such. For instance, one week ago, SH invited her at her place for a very, very good dinner (cooked by her husband, who is a primary school teacher and very good at cooking), and we ended up staying most of the night there, outside, speaking about everything. Then, four days ago, we went for carting, and Maro kicked our asses because of how good she was. Two days ago, some of us when to a night club.

And all this time with those wonderful people are making the decision even worse than before, for both Lucy and I. To be honest, I don't know what I should do : New Orleans is a very good opportunity, and I'd like to go there. But I don't know about Lucy, and it's her right to chose Lyon, or stay in Manchester. And... I'd miss this crazy bunch, but it's soccer : nobody is a one-club person, or if yes, it barely ever happens. 

When we finally make it to their hotel room, Lucy wraps her arms around my waist, coming from behind, kissing my neck gently, before just applying pressure on my shoulder with her chin. My whole body shivers, just like every time she touches me. 

"Hey" Lucy whispers in my ear.

I grab her arms as they're wrapped around me, a big smile on my face. 

"Hey, beautiful" I respond, closing my eyes.

I can hear her smirk. 

"Tonight, we're going to the restaurant" she then casually lets out, kissing my neck again. As I freeze a little bit, she adds : "Before you ask : yes, it's a date and no, I'm not going to ask you to marry me. So relax."

"A date, uhn ?"

I turn around, raising my eyebrow jokingly. That makes her smile, as I wrap my arms around her neck, and that she has no choice but wrap her own around my waist again, a big smirk on her face. 

She then leans in, whispering against my lips :

"I think it's safe to say that our relationship has definitely evolved in something more... official, right ?"

"Why would you assume that ?" I ask, biting my lips while looking down at her lips.

She rolls her eyes. 

"You know, you kind of told the team about us, sooooo...." she teases, before briefly closing the gap between us.

That makes me smile like a child at Christmas, so much that I almost forget to answer her. She obviously is waiting for an answer, knowing that she might look pretty more nervous than she would've wanted to show. 

She's adorable. 

"Shall I call you babe now ?" I ask, smirking. 

"You can call me whatever you want, love" she whispers against my lips, as I jokingly pinches her ass. That makes her laugh, before she says : "So, are you down for that date or nah ?"

I nod. 

"Of course I am, dear girlfriend."

"You're the cutest" Lucy lets out, playfully slapping my ass as a revenge. As my laugh just invades the room, she adds : "Oh, and Kristie ? Dress up nice please."

"Will do."

*

The pitch is magnificent, and the sun is shining. 

You can tell summer is coming when you have teammates like Izzy or Jill, that just thought bringing water was meant to do a water prank on SH during an interview she had to do as the captain of the team. As Steph's laugh and screams are being heard on the whole pitch, as she is chasing down her two teammates, I sit down on the bench, grabbing my cleats and starting to put them on.

On both sides of me are sitting down Shelina and Carli - the three of us actually are the last one getting ready, as our teammates are just taking advantage of the sun to actually 'get tan' - even though there's only few hope for most of them. 

Carli looks at me, smirking. 

"So, Cheney told me about the offer" she says, and that immediately drowns Shelina's attention. 

They're both looking at me right now, and that's pretty freaky : I don't know which one of the two is the most impressive. 

I sigh. 

"Yes."

"But ?" Carli asks, raising her eyebrows. 

"I don't know... Lucy and I are just... trying to make up our minds."

"You should say no" the former Dash player lets out. 

This time, I am caught off guards. I throw her a surprised look, without really understanding what's going on. Even Shelina looks surprised that Carli would lead me to a certain path and not even try to seize the opportunities of choices. 

I frown. 

"W-why ?" 

"Trust me : there's more to come."

"What is that supposed to mean ?" Shelina asks, as lost as I am right now. 

Carli smirks.

"Look, all I can say without violating the privacy terms I've been submitted to is that the management of the team might go in a brand new direction..." the middy thoughtfully lets out, raising her eyebrows. 

"What-"

"I can't say much more, girls" Carli hisses, urging us to shut our mouths while some of our teammates are walking by. She then lowers her voice and says : "All I am saying is that you should not sign with New Orleans because what the management of Man C is about to do is way better for everybody."

"But-"

"Kristie ! Just... trust me !" Carli exclaims in disbelief. 

"But what do I tell Lucy ?" I ask, shaking my head. 

The brunette thinks for a while, before saying :

"I'll tell Steph to talk to her."

"Wait, Steph knows too...?" Shelina asks, frowning. 

"Of course she does" Carli lets out, rolling her eyes. "She's the captain."

With that said, she leaves us with our thoughts and milion questions.

________________________

FT : Montpelier 1-3 Manchester City

{Jakobsson 78' ; Mewis 12' 57' 89' | Aggregate : 4-2}

Manchester City is through to the Champions League Finale, that will take place in Manchester three days after the FA Cup finale.