Chapter Thirty One.

Finding Dad in the gym, I watched him for a moment before going in. He still moved with the power and grace of a skilled fighter, yet there was a slight delay in some of his actions. Age was something no one could hide from; unless you were a vampire. 

"Hey Princess!" Dad lowered his sword, smiling as he waved me in.

"Want some company?" I move over to the bench and run my finger over the handles of the others and seeing the golden snake, pick up a sword of my own.

"Always."

We start to spar and I'm surprised to find I have to take it easy on him - so is he.

"I might not always show it or tell you, but you do this family proud Ellie." He huffs, starting to get out breath from trying to keep up with me. 

"Well someone had to save Jordan's dumb ass."

"I resent that!" Jordan interrupts, and looking over he was sitting on the bench watching. I hadn't even noticed him come in. 

"It's true." I smile, blocking Dad as he tries to take advantage of my distraction. 

"It's a sad day when a Father has to admit his little girl is more than capable of looking after herself and doesn't need him anymore." He lowers his weapon and extends his hand. Rolling my eyes, I hug him instead.

"I'll always need you, but you did it a good job in making us who we are today."

"We're Buntings, its a given!" Jordan pipes up, coming over he takes Dad's sword and taps the blade with mine. "He's an old man, lets see how you go against me?"

"I could do it with my eyes closed!"

"I dare-"

"Jordan! Do not dare her to do anything, Elise, don't fight your brother with your eyes closed!" Mum walks in with a bottle of water for Dad and I have to laugh. Look at us being a family. Jordan and I start to mess around and for a moment, nothing else exists. There aren't crazy mutants running around on the surface trying to do something that could effectively end the world, we're not in hiding with demons of all things offering us protection, we're just a family training in sword fighting.

This whole time I had wanted us to be normal, but for us - this was it. Deciding to stop fighting who I am had it's perks and I was able to enjoy this more than I would have been able to any other time. I would have been whining and complaining about how heavy the metal felt in my hand or that Jordan was showing off. Now it was me showing off, as I threw back his moves with more ease than he had doing them in the first place.

"The others are here." A woman I didn't know walked in and I knew she wasn't like us. Dad seemed to know her though and nodded.

"Others?" Jordan asks, looking at me I only shrug.

Following them out into the hall, others is an understatement. All around the beams of light are leaving groups of Hunters standing around in the general hall area.

So much for being secretive.

"Dad, what's going on?" Jordan watches in awe as more people start to appear and it's then I notice the tables along the walls and Council guards unpacking boxes of weapons on them.

"Reinforcements."

He stalks off towards the Grimm's and I only glare at Penny as she turns and smiles at Jordan.

"Should've stayed with Selene." I mumble, ignoring the look Mum gives me before she follows after Dad.

Everyone is here and I keep to the outside of the hall, finding the stairs I take a seat to watch. I spot Ailin and Lily as some of the ones bringing in the others and there are some light fae doing the same thing. When our President arrives, the crowd all starts to gather to one side and out of nowhere a podium appears for him to address the crowd.