Chapter Sixteen

I managed to sleep for nearly another day, occasionally waking up whenever they bought food or water around and eventually decided to emerge from my room. I desperately craved a shower, a change of clothes and a toothbrush. So if I was being kept here, I was going to start making my demands clear. The trio sat around in the meeting room in a game of UNO as they took turns throwing down cards.

"Good to see you're all being so productive." I take a seat at the other end of the table, yawning as I did so and instantly cringed as I caught a whiff of my breath.

"Ellie, are you feeling alright?" Chris stood up and I didn't miss the unimpressed glare Jodie sent my way. "You've been out for ages!"

"Well drugging someone kind of that does to them, any chance of a shower in this dump?"

"Yeah, Jodie will show you." Chris volunteered his girlfriend and diverted his gaze so he didn't have to look at her. To my annoyance, Zane followed.

"Pretty sure he said Jodie will show me?" I snapped back at him, and he only shrugged.

"I don't trust you not to run off. Again."

We went into a toilet block and in the back corner was a shower cell. To my surprise towels and bathing products were on the ledge behind it and going into a toilet cubicle Jodie pulled out a few shopping bags. "I grabbed you a few things in town yesterday."

"Ah, thanks?" I quickly looked through them, surprised to find she got my correct size. She left and Zane took a seat in front of the basins, pulling out his phone.

"There are a couple of things wrong with this. One, there is no shower curtain so piss off you perve and two - why do you get a phone?" Crossing my arms, I was tempted to go and smash his like he did mine.

"I get a phone because I'm not the one being kept on lock down!" He said nothing more and I didn't move for a few minutes. "You going to shower or what?"

"Not until you leave!"

"I'm not leaving."

"Then turn around and promise not to look!" I argued.

"I'm not turning my back on you Bunting. Deal with it!"

Looking over at his screen, the familiar logo of the Network filled the top and looking around was thrilled to find another shower behind the one they'd clearly been using. Grabbing a few things, I went around to it and as I turned the water on, looked around the corner to find him still on his phone. The water heated up quickly and the need to feel clean won out.

The water was heavenly, and after washing my hair almost wanted to cry at the toothbrush and paste in one of the bags and some other necessary items. By the time I was finished, the water had turned cold. Thinking of how furious Logan had been the night I used all his water made me laugh and the fact I even thought of Logan only annoyed me. Once I'd used all the products laying around from deodorant, perfume and a hair conditioner I got dressed. The jeans were perfect, fresh underwear was greatly appreciated and Jodie had been kind - getting my stuff like I already wore.

I felt better, a lot better.

After putting on my shoes, I explored this side of the toilet block while trying not to make Zane suspicious. Annoyingly there were no windows and the only way out was by the door he was guarding near the basins. He still sat on his phone and taking my chances, hid behind the toilet stalls for a second. Throwing the small tub of moisturizer, it hit the wall by the shower louder than I expected it to be and of course he looked up. Peeking back around he stood, putting the phone in his pocket.