Chapter Twenty Eight

Watching Logan talk to the guard is irritating me more than Ailin killing all my escape attempts. The second time Logan just stayed in the cell, and I decided to use force rather than cunning. At least it gave me a bit of a workout and some mental stimulation, and just when I made it to the elevator thinking I had actually got out – she was in there waiting for me. Because Logan wasn’t a part of that plan, he gets to do what he wants and I’m locked away. If the gate is open, like when he goes in and out, I have to go and stand in the corner by the TV with my hands in the air. If I move, they have the right to Taser me and I don’t particularly want to find out if they’re bluffing.

I am so bored.

I miss fresh air.

I’m not allowed phone calls in case I blurt out to anyone where I am, and that includes my parents. Logan is on my bad list more than my good and if he continues to rub in his ability to walk around the base freely, he won’t be able to because I am already thinking up ways to break his legs. I can’t even find out what’s going on with Alfie and that annoys me more than anything else.

“Up against the wall.” The guard calls snapping me out of my hate filled day dream.

“No. I’m comfortable.” In other words I’m sulking and don’t feel like getting out bed today. Considering I pretended to be asleep when he decided to go for a walk, I don’t see what the issue is now.

“You know the rules.”

“Wanna know what you can do to your rules?”

“Elise, just get up!” Logan groans, his patience is as non-existent as mine right now and I regret bringing him along.

“I’m in fucking bed, stay out there! I don’t want you in here anyway!” I roll over, almost wishing the guard does something stupid so I have a good excuse as to why I decided to beat the shit out him.

“She won’t move.” Logan tries to bargain with the guy, but he isn’t going for it.

“I’m not taking any chances.”

“Don’t worry about it then.” Logan snaps and I listen to his steps disappear before hearing the door close behind me.

“No idea why he puts up with you.” Great, now this stooge is giving out relationship advice? “I would have cut you off long ago.”

“Thanks to the fact I have standards, you’d never get the chance to worry about what to do with me in the first place.” I mumble sarcastically.

“You think you’re all that don’t you? Well Miss Bunting, no one cares what happens to you. We just care about the portal. Once this is over, you better change your attitude because you won’t be able to get away with half of the shit you do now.”  I really don’t like his attitude.  Deciding to be the bigger person, I ignore him and closing my eyes I decide to try sleeping the next week or so away. The jerk outside my cell has other ideas, chuckling to himself. “Yeah you know I’m right.”