Chapter Nine.

Satisfied the morons are coming home, Mum heads out to the shops. Her attempt at distracting me with the promise of what ever I could want doesn’t work and she makes me promise not to leave to do something stupid.

Please, I don’t need to leave the house to keep amused and I’m definitely not going to do anything stupid.

Not yet at least.

Going into the guest room, the beds made and his duffel bag is half tucked under it. Going over I’m careful to remember just how far the zip was undone and opening it, I’m only rewarded with the stench of BO and the first thing I manage to touch is dirty underwear.

“Yuck!”

After going through it all I’m certain I’ll need an injection and I give up on the idea on the fact he might have a diary like we are told to keep. Until I find his car keys in the end pocket and going to the window, his car is sitting outside in the driveway. I can practically see the heavenly glow surrounding it and with a devilish grin, I head outside.

“Jackpot!” Opening the boot, there are two bags. One is full of snares, knives and other things you wouldn’t the cops to find in a car search and the other is a nicely packed over night bag. The pocket inside the bag has what I’m after and I take out his diary that looks identical to mine. Maybe there was a shop somewhere that sold only this style, and it’s been used more than mine.

Flicking through, the appearance is the only thing we have in common. Pages of traps, sketching’s of shifters, notes on the moon cycle and werewolves, remind me more of a workbook at school than a diary. The entries are a mixture of thoughts and theories and its more interesting than what I was expecting. In fact there aren’t even any doodlings of boobs or smiley faces turned dicks like I saw in Jordan’s once.

Maybe us Buntings don’t take this as seriously as we should.

Flicking towards the end of his entries, I wonder if he has anything about Jordan. Does he have anything about me?

A car passes and I’m reminded where I am and what I’m doing, so I make it quick and the first Jordan that catches my attention is where I start to scan over the pages.

I met Jordan’s sister Elise today while looking for the bear shifter who told me about the death of the bear cub and its Mother. Jordan never told me she was so, I want to say hot but it’s not worth it. When he said look after her, I know that’s not what he meant.

Then again, I think she can look after herself.

I was expecting a princess and instead I got more attitude than I knew what to do with and she managed to surprise me further by slamming me against the office wall. The things I could do with that. She told me I don’t know her, and compared to what Jordan told me, I really don’t - but I want to.

I don’t have time for this kind of shit or for her. What the hell am I doing even writing this?

Yes Logan, why are you writing this?

Maybe because she has tits and I need to get laid….

I stop reading, feeling slightly better knowing I wasn’t the only one who thought about our first meeting after it happened, but the comment about the bear cub and its Mum distracted me.

Was that Lisa’s sister? Oz never mentioned a child being killed too.

That skin prickling, uneasy feeling that tells me something is nearby fired up before I could ready any more and turning behind me, I’m suddenly flying across the driveway into the lawn out the front. My chest is already on fire, the ache in my side telling me something is broken.