27th March 2011

Log 89/2011
L.Murphy

The werewolves are acting strange, it’s like they are trying hard for us not to notice them. Considering barely a day ago we had groups trailing us and constantly attacking, it’s weird. Surely the fact we killed their kind hasn’t deterred them. They are rather loyal and big on vengeance against acts on their kind, especially those that run within their pack so for them to now simply ignore us is not right.

The vampires are also acting oddly. If anything, tension between the two races is building. From what we know, you would think they would be uniting or showing more of a stand together. Instead one wrong word has the vamps turning against the mutts and that is also out of character for the blood suckers. For most part, they stick to the shadows and their own kind. Causing fights like this isn’t typically in their nature and we don’t know why.

Maybe we won’t have to worry about Selene succeeding as if things keep going how they are, the vampires would have started war with the werewolves and not forgetting the wolf shifters. I wonder why other shifting species aren’t getting involved?

We’ve also been meeting more and more of our kind, Trackers and Slayers. Most are enjoying the peace, breaking up the odd dispute if it gets too nasty with the vamps and dogs. The Hunters, not so much. We’ve only come across two – both were exhausted and didn’t really want to stop and chat. Looking on the Network earlier, their kind are dominating the latest round of casualties. Some of the Slayers we spoke to were only staying here for the weekend before moving on to some of the hotspots for demonic activity, either because their Hunter allies have requested their help or they are going where they are needed with their usual areas of patrol quiet.

I think they’re setting us all up, putting us where they want us to be so when everything goes down the ones who are left are outnumbered and unable to stop them. It’s the only logical thing I can come up with and Reece agrees. In fact he was the one who pointed it out to me. With everyone distracted, they can do what they want.  

We tried telling this to some of them, but they don’t believe us. The Council only want to talk to us if we know where Elise is and we don’t. Despite her call Reece was right again in saying we should stay in the city. She would have moved on by the time we got out there and I hope she isn’t actually going to Selene’s. The Alpha may not be there, but I don’t doubt those who remain will welcome her with open arms. And if our theory is right, there aren’t going to be a lot of us around here in the coming couple of weeks for when shit does go down.

I just hope Elise knows what she is doing.