Chapter Ten.

Going downstairs it's easy to imagine the noise coming from the kitchen was a sign Jordan was home. Dad and Logan were talking about the fight they got into and Mum was putting the last of the dishes into the dishwasher, humming one of the most ridiculously annoying tunes in the world. The nursery rhyme, Bye Baby Bunting, was one of her favorites and since I was a baby she used to sing it to my brother and I at bedtime.

Now it was just annoying.

"Morning Princess." Dad smiles and it's like everyone has taken a dose of happy pills that I wasn't privy to. Just what did Mum put in their coffee this morning?

Dads face is practically healed and my own injury wasn't as bad as I thought. There is barely a bruise there now. The time for 'Daddy' is over and even though the light atmosphere is hard to resist, I shoot him and Logan a look before going to get my own coffee.

"She never was a morning person." I hear Mum whisper to Logan as she sits back down at the table.

"I've noticed."  He agrees, getting up to stand beside me. "Can you just pretend you don't hate me for like, five minutes?"

"I don't hate you Logey," I pinch his cheek and he slaps my hand away. "I just don't really like you for the majority of the time you're around." I shrug; glancing over to my parents they have both disappeared. Way to be subtle.

"Oh? Cause you didn't seem to have that dislike last night." He leans back against the counter with too much confidence. He thinks he has won this round.

Maybe he has. Why did I let him sleep beside me?

"I said majority, not all the time."

"Well I think you still owe me breakfast and what was that final little bonus you threw in, something about lingerie?"

"No, I held up my part of the deal. Not my fault you weren't in your room when I walked in." This time I pat his cheek and he doesn't push me away. Picking up my cup I head outside to sit on the swing chair on the verandah. It's a beautiful morning and looking over towards the side gate, it's weird to imagine that barely a hundred meters away three werewolves had died yesterday.

Still a beautiful morning.

"Ellie, Harry just called. They're going to be here in twenty. Do you think you can try and remember your manners while he is here?" Dad stands in the doorway and I ignore Logan as he tries to hide his laughing by coughing as he sits beside me on the swing.

Loser.

"Sure Daddy, I'll just go get dressed ready for my day in the kitchen baking while you men do all..."

"And that's what I'm talking about." He stares at me unimpressed and I pretend I don't know what he meant.

"What ever do you mean Father?" I mock, enforcing a thick British accent.

"Elise." He warns, sighing rather dramatically before walking out to the shed and Mum comes out to take a seat opposite us.

"What was that about?" Logan asks.

"Grimms do two things well. One, write about what other people did and claim it as their own."

"What's two?"

"I forget. Maybe that is all they're good for?" 

"I've never had anything to do with them before, but if that's what you think of them no wonder your Dad told you to behave," Logan muses, sipping his coffee as Mum joins us.

"You didn't hear it from me, but definitely all talk, not much action." I leave them talking and rush up stairs to get ready. For the first time in a long time I put a bit of effort in to doing my hair, rather than leaving it up in a ponytail I let it stay loose and slightly wavy. The bare minimum of makeup is applied and despite the threat of more surprise attacks, my outfit isn't exactly practical for combat.