Chapter Twenty Six

Thanks to my ability of not driving at the same pace as a snail going up a hill like a certain Tracker I know, the trip back to the city didn't take anywhere near as long as it did when he was driving. It was nearly midnight by the time I stopped my bike in the lane way behind the theatre Chris and Zane had tried to drug me in and going breaking in, started looking for Lasandra.

"Ghosty Mrs Macbeth, you here?" I called out, creeping up the stairwell that took me onto the stage. "Hello?"

"You know we don't get many trespassers in here, actually we don't get any!" She appeared at the edge of the stage and in the green glow of the exit lights she definitely looked ghoulish.

"Maybe because they heard this building is haunted?" I head over to sit beside her and she smiles before clapping her hands and all around the lights flash on and off until finally just the row of emergency lights in the aisles stay on.

"Rumors. All rumors!"

"Obviously!" I agree, laughing at her antics.

"Good to see you're in one piece. What did those men want with you?"

"Long story, but to sum it up - take me away for safekeeping cause I have some werewolves after me."

"Clearly they succeeded?" She giggles to herself.

"They did get me, but another long story short, I escaped. I'm here now because I was hoping you could help me out with a few things?" I ask hopefully.

"Things?" Her interest is obvious and clearly not much happens around here so this must all be a nice change of pace for her.

"Dress up things."

"Honey, now you are speaking my language!"

She leads me off stage and through the curtains, down into the dressing rooms. Lights turn on and off as we go, lighting up the way as we need it and stopping in front of the rooms I open the door and we go in. Instantly the exposed globes around the mirror light up, revealing a wide selection of makeup, hairpins and other things. Had I been five and playing dress ups in here, I would have thought I hit the jackpot.

"Now, what were you thinking?" She turns the corner and the light turns on in a wardrobe revealing a variety of sequined costumes, medieval dresses and a heap of wigs.

"I need to blend in." I pick up a bright red fro wig and put it down, "Not anything that will get too much attention."

"Let me see what we have!" Lasandra disappears for a few minutes and I start to pin my hair up ready for my new hairstyle. Playing with the makeup, I get to work and so does she. By the time I'm done my costume is waiting for me. She has found a perfect barely there black sequined mini-dress, a cute blonde bob wig and the red heels look like something a stylish yet naughty Dorothy would wear. Maybe they did a retelling of Wizard of Oz involving a naughty nurse version of the Kansas witch killer?

The dress gets a yes and the shoes are left behind. After hunting around I manage to find a similar pair in black. Compared to what I've been wearing in the last few months, being out of jeans and exposed is weird and walking around I have to adjust to the heels. I don't like me at all. I increased my lashes by applying fakes, and changed my eyes to blue with the help of a pair of contacts. My lips are an extremely unnatural shade of ruby and I actually like the blonde look. Lasandra wolf whistles, sitting in the chair in from of me.

"I'd ask how much, but I know I can't afford you!"

"I am going to take that as a compliment." I check myself out, running my hand over the stretched fabric of the dress and spying a bottle of perfume, go overboard with the musky floral tones.