Hungover truths

Grace POV

I sat at Shadows bedside all night making sure he was okay.
My blood had help him gain strength but he was clearly drunk when Blade assaulted him.
He looked so peaceful lying sleeping wrapped in his red silk sheets. It had taken great effort to move him from the floor into his bed. He weighted so much more than me but that was to be expected his body was magnificently toned it was clear he took good care of himself.
I reached out and ran my fingers over his flawless cheek. It hurt me when I walked in to find him asleep with Gabriella curled up around him. I wanted to scream at him in anger he told me to come to him at ten o'clock and that's what I had done but he was to busy with her.
I was even more angry at him when I discovered he'd marked me and mixed our blood making me some sort of 'half breed' or 'dirty blood' as Blade so rudely put it.
Blade turned out to be as badly tempered as Shadow was.
I was to busy in my own mind to notice Shadows grumbles until I felt him lay his hand over the top of the one I had resting on his cheek.
"What happened" he grumbled.
I rolled my eyes in disgust he was clearly hungover. "You don't remember ?"
"I don't recall how I ended up with a black eyes no but I remember you didn't come for my kiss I so rightfully won"
What ? Is he kidding I came I bloody came to his room to find him in the arms of a naked Gabriella.
"Yes I did come Shadow I turned up with every intent to kiss you goodnight and hopefully show you I was willing to be a good wife to you fake or not but instead I found the aftermath of what you'd done with Gabriella." I screamed flying from my sitting position completely enraged.
"Grace calm down" he soothed as he stood but I was in no mood to calm down no I hadn't even began.
"I left your room because call me a fool but my heart was hurting I believed you were going to sweep me of my feet when I showed up for you but I bet you didn't even spare me a thought as you fucked her!" I was shocked at myself shocked at how angry I was with him and his facial expression gave away he was equally as shocked.
"Then Blade found me crying don't ask me why he was here he wanted to see you but instead he comforted me and then in return I offered him to drink from me out of politeness but he was displeased with my blood because you've turned me into a dirty half breed as he put it now nobody wants me all because of you" I was in tears, now my eyes so filled with tears I could barely see.
"All I wanted to do was be a good wife to you fake or not I wanted you to want me because we must display an image of love to your people but everything I do for you isn't enough. Why don't you marry Gabriella she clearly wants you and you want her" I sunk to the floor once my rant was over and burred my face in my hands.
Shadow still stood in place unspoken for several minutes and then he spoke.
"You let him drink from you" his voice was emotionless and I nodded weakly.
"Grace you are not dirty blood he is only jealous because he doesn't has the ability to make half breeds himself pay no attention to his words and if you really want it we can have your blood cleaned it's a simple process if that's what will make you happy I will do it for you" I could feel he was now crouched beside me.

"And as for Gabriella I didn't have sex with her she turned up at the door and I could hear her thoughts I knew she knew something about what happened to you the night of the ball and so to obtain information I invited her up to my room for a drink. I then proceed to drink to much while interrogating her it was going nowhere she wasn't saying anything so I took my anger out on the alcohol and in the end passed out on my bed. I did not sleep with her I can swear that on my mothers grave and on my kingdom I did not have sex with her. She was fully clothed when I passed out she must have undressed afterwords but mark my words I did not touch her my Grace."
And I believed him oddly enough his words were spoken with such truth and emotion I believed every word.
"I did not mean to hurt you in anyway that was not my intentions for yesterday evening. My true intentions were to ask for my kiss then show you this." He left my side and returned with a box he'd taken out of his bedside unit.
I watched him lift the top of the box and almost chocked when I saw what was inside. A beautiful tiara lined with emerald and diamonds.
"It was my mothers she wore it on her wedding day and I was going to ask you to wear it on ours."
"It's beautiful" I crocked
" would you like to try it on"
My heart was still hurting and I hadn't forgiven him yet but Shadow was being kind to me and I didn't want to argue whilst he was trying so hard to make me stop crying.
I nodded and he took my hand pulling me to my feet and over to a mirror on the wall.
"Now be careful with it. It's very old Grace" and he then placed it on my head. Oh it was so stunning. My puffy eyes weren't really doing it much justice but it really was beautiful.
"I will wear it to please you" I smiled weakly.
"It will please me to see you wear it" he then took it from my head and returned it to it's box.
"Grace I can't help but feel you don't believe my tale truly I did not have sex with her I fully intended to just kiss you goodnight and show you my mothers tiara and then go to bed but She had information I needed and it's all for you I want to find the man who harmed you"
I stopped him mid sentence"I believe you Prince Shadow but you must know it hurt me to see such a thing"
"That pleases me greatly to hear that you believe me" and that's when he captured my lips in his softly.
Our kiss was quick and over in a matter of seconds but it felt so emotional....well to me anyway.

.........
Sooooo what do you think ?
Shadow didn't sleep with Gabriella YAY
WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF GRACES RANT AND OMG SHE SWORE OHHHH DO YOU LIKE ANGRY GRACE
Let me know
Love you all
Comment ad vote xxx