Pool of blood

Shadow POV

She is so easy to fool all I've got to do is kiss her and she submits to me completely.
I wasn't lying when I said I wanted her oh yes I did want her.
Virgins give of a scent which is irresistible so pure, fresh, wanting and I would claim that from her that innocence she was so reluctant to give up it would be mine.
When I said it was driving me mad seeing all the lustful looks she was getting that wasn't a lie it angered me greatly. Grace was mine My slave and My future wife -even if our marriage was for my gain and not hers- and I'd be damned if anyone touched her apart from me.
I stalked into the grand hall in search of Blade it was easy to find him his thoughts about Grace were so bloody loud I could hear them at the other end of the damn room.
"Blade" I growled and he turned with a smirk on his face. "Would you please accompany to the gardens for a moment."
He nodded and excused himself from the huddling lady's clinging to him. "Oh Shadow for goodness sake it's just a girl no need to be so childish about it" he mocked as we exited the building and entered the gardens.
"Fuck of Blade stop thinking about her like that she's mine and I refuse to listen to you talk about her I already have to hear your thoughts about her and i don't appreciate it" I growled and turned to face my younger brother.
"Shadow I can't help it she's so interesting I wish to learn more of her and if you don't mind....."
"Yes I god damn mind she's my bride and hell will freeze over before the day I let you mark her" I cut in rage building inside me. "I've heard your thoughts blade there is no hiding from me I heard you. You've taken to her and if you so much as dare try marking her my first order as king will be your own death sentence am I perfectly clear little brother" I whispered.
"Oh wouldn't mother be proud of you shadow I distinctly remember you promising her you'd always take care of me but you never did stick to your promises did you aww our poor poor mother must be turning in her grave at the disappointment of her oldest son" he was trying to provoke me I could see it in his eyes.
"Blade don't push me you know I'm far more powerful and stronger than you. Just stay away from Grace and I will forget this all happened find someone else to mark not what is mine" I growled at him he just smirked and nodded.
"As you wish my brother" he then returned to the ball room and I was left on my own.
Why did I care if he marked her or not it's not like i have a use for her once I have my crown would I ?
So many unanswered questions filled my mind and then my mother flooded my thoughts how dare Blade bring her into this she had nothing to do with it at all.
He'd always use her in arguments he knew it was my weakness the one subject I'd really never spoke of to anyone was my mothers death.
I sat thinking for a while and then remembered I had asked Grace to wait on me.
As I began to return to the hallway I had left her in I could smell something I knew very well but I couldn't place until I saw it.
There she was my Grace lying in a pool of her a own blood whimpering softly. I ran to her and cradled her in my arms her blood which matched the colour of her beautiful dress was staining my shirt.
"Grace what happened who done this to you ?" I lifted her into my arms and she began screaming and trying to force me away but i pulled her face to mine and gazed into her eyes setting her into a trance which calmed her down.
Scooping her into my arms I ran through the ball room and out the front doors holding Grace to me ever so tightly. I could feel all eyes on me as I rushed her to the limo. I could hear the thoughts of everyone still inside some worried and some not caring at all.
I had to get her home I couldn't let her die. I couldn't I wouldn't let it happen it would ruin everything if she died.
I felt a great pain as I looked at her lifeless body. How could I be so stupid as to leave her there in a building of vampires alone and unprotected.
How could I be so stupid ?
--------
DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN
who attacked Grace ?
What happened to shadows mother ?
Are we team Blade or team Shadow ?
Ah shadow still thinking of himself though when he says her death would ruin everything but he is showing caring hmmmm ?

Love you all
Comment and vote xxx