Chapter 31

They all where out on the roofs running around the town as Donnie did keep his eyes and ears out for any foot ninjas.
    Leo was a foot behind Donnie while he kept looking ahead as he went to the edge of the roof and made a jump to land right on the other roof. Leo then started running again as Raph then landed with Mikey.
     Raph started to get by Leo as they then looked at each other but Leo looked away and tried to run faster.
    Raph came back up to his side as then in a few seconds they started to run faster and faster as they started to race each other.
    Donnie saw Leo and Raph pass him as he watched them two jumping and landing roof to roof the exact same time. But while Raph and Leo kept running they left Donnie and Mikey behind.
   Leo looked at Raph mad. " just back off Raph!"
   " No way your wanting a race we are having one!" Raph said smirking then did a jump dive as he landed to the other roof ahead of Leo. Raph got back up and looked behind himself to look at Leo.
    But as he did he didn't see Leo as he stopped to find him but as he looked up he then saw Leo right over him as Leo landed behind Raph. Raph blushed with his mouth opened but then soon went into a smirk again and started running back to his side fast. " Nice Leo. Like to be the show off?"
    Leo looked at Raph and did a little smirk back. " what you giving up already?"
    " Oh your going to get it!" Raph said as they started fast again about to jump off another roof when then somthing caught Raphs leg as he fell down.
    Leo stopped and turned looking at Raph on the ground getting the thing off around Raphs leg. Leo ran to him to help but then a bunch of foot ninjas surounded them as Leo got up and got a katana holding it having the tip pointed to the other ninjas. " What do you humans want!"
    Raph got up and got both his sai's out and looked at them all. Raph then looked to Leo as he saw Leo's katana shaking then his arm arms to his face showed that he was scared. " What wrong Leo?"
    " I don't know... I feel like... these people did somthing to me with alot of pain... i... I don't want that pain again..." Leo backed up more scared as Raph then stood infornt of Leo. "Its fine. We can defeat these men with one arm!"
    Raph then charged and attacked on to the ground. Raph got quickly up and kicked two men down and looked to Leo fast to see him getting grabbed by one of the foot ninjas. ' No you don't!'
    Raph thru his sai and it hit the man's head and knocked the man out falling to the floor as Leo looked at Raph. Raph turned fast to the other foots but one stood infront of him and puched Raph very hard making him fly a few feet as he skid to the ground closer to Leo.
    Leo got up and ran at Raph getting his head up then looked at the foots dropping his katana. Leo held Raphs head as Raph was knocked out cold while Leo felt more scared know wishing he could doing somthing.
    But then the foots in the back of the group was getting their butts kicked as Donnie and Mikey was there taking the foots down fast and easy. Leo watched them two as Mikey then came over and got Leo helping Raph. " what happened?"
   " I... I don't know I just... just froze while Raph tried to fight them off..." Mikey looked at Leo as he could see Leo's body was shaking a little while Donnie finished the foot and came to their help getting Raph so Leo would not have to worry about that. " Let's get back home fast!"
    They started running while Leo quickly got his katana he dropped and Raphs two sai's. Leo followed after Donnie and Mikey while looking at Raph some times replaying in his head at how Raph acted.
     He was so cool that Leo wanted to know how Raph could have that much courage to fight like he did. Leo also felt like he let himself down even Splinter some how.
    So Leo was silent the hole time when they finely got home Splinter saw Raph and looked at them all. " What happened!"
    " It was the foot. They attacked Leo and Raph..." Donnie said as they two put Raph in his room then checked on Raph as Splinter looked at Leo as Leo still looked dissapointed with himself. " What is it Leonardo?"
    Leo looked at Splinter as he then looked at the way Raphs room was. " how could Raph have so much courage when all I did was get scared and wanted to run away..."
     " you are not use to your original fighting Leonardo don't let Raphael get to you." Splinter then started off as Leo watched him then said looking down. " I wish I was like Raph... strong... not afraid and to be very cool fighting..."
    Splinter stopped in his tracks and looked at Leo with a mad face making Leo step back one step. " I don't want to hear you say that ever again! You two will never be anything more then enemies to each other!"
    Leo looked at Splinter with wide eyes while Splinter then grabbed Leo's arm and had him look at Splinter right in his eyes. " I forbid you from liking Rapheal!"
     Leo was confused at what Splinter was so mad about especially at Raph when Leo then watched Splinter leave letting go of his arm. " What dose Splinter mean?"
    " some day you will remember to answer your own question." Leo heard Donnie say as he turned to see Donnie standing there with a hurt look. " why can't you just tell me Donnie? Why is Splinter like this? Why did I freeze like that in battle?"
     Donnie came over and hugged Leo. " Its not my place... if it's meant to be... then you and Raph will remember."