26

Ren's Mom's POV
It's almost 10 right now and Ren is still out. I don't mind her coming home late as long as she leaves me a text or a note saying she won't be home till late at night but she didn't today so I'm getting slightly worried. I was pacing back and forth in the living room until my husband got annoyed of me and went to my youngest daughter's room to read her a bedtime story. While pacing back and forth, i heard the sound of the engine of a car so I decided to look out from the window next to the door to see if it's Ren and it was but she wasn't alone. I recognised the girl standing next to her, she's Alex. I was about to open the door but something stopped me from doing so... I saw Ren heading towards the door and she knows I'm about to ask her a shit tons of questions. I'm her mom, I can swear whenever I want to. The door unlocked and I looked at Ren, waiting for her to get a seat on the couch.

Mom: Ren, you know what I'm about to ask you, so brace yourself.
Ren: Sigh. Mom you already know I like Alex.
Mom: I do but you never told me that the both of you are official?
Ren: That's because we're not MOM! She's taking me out on a few dates before deciding whether we should make it official or not!
Mom: But I saw the both of you kissed?!
Ren: Mom URGH! We kissed twice today...

I looked at my daughter, hoping they wouldn't do anything silly before making things official. And that girl Alex better not break my daughter's heart.

Mom: But if she ever breaks your heart–
Ren: I know mom, she wouldn't think of it nor do it on purpose. She has been there for me since day 1 mom, day 1 and her birthday's coming up in two days so if you'll excuse me, I have a birthday planning to do. Goodnight mom.
Mom: Ren, wait! I'm sorry for assuming things but I hope you know you have my support ok? I'm just worried.
Ren: Sigh... I know mom, I'm sorry too but I really do have to plan a surprise for her, nights mom!

Ren's POV
I stripped out of my clothes — took a quick bath and put on my old college sweatshirt and my black booty shorts that one of my high school friends got me for my birthday. Don't ask me why. I lay on my bed and took out a notebook to write down my ideas and so far I've decided to make her something that she'll like and I'll take her out for a simple dinner — we'll go stargazing and I'll bring us some of her favourite food & beverages and OH– I'll make it official to end the night! I got a little too excited because little did I know, I was already jumping like a rabbit on my bed. I tried to calm myself down, whipped out my phone and texted Alex goodnight with a heart, heart eyes & the kissy face emoji just like what Ty Dolla $ign would always do and with that, I turned off my phone and went to bed grinning like an idiot.