14

"REN WAIT UP!" Alex shouted and I turned to see her running towards me, ok god does she look good in her favourite pair of combat heels, black ripped jeans, grey t-shirt and her black bomber jacket. Alex's signature look I guess?
"Yeah?" I replied
"Urm, I was wondering if you would want a ride? It's getting dark and I'm pretty sure it's going to rain soon..." She's so cute when she's nervous, I nodded. We head towards her black mustang and she opened the door for me to get in with her other hand above my head so I wouldn't bump into it (Lauren did)
And did I mention that she loves the colour black? She says it represents her soul & life but I think rainbow represents her... A lot of people would call her a bitch and they'd think her life's as cold as her attitude but if she lets you in, you'll be able to see that she's more than that and she's so pro— "Ren?" Alex snaps her fingers at me. "Huh?" "You know, you've been staring at me for awhile... is this a staring competition because if it is then I think you've won" she said with a wink. Oh.... crap did I just— never mind fuck my life she just caught me staring at her what? The ride home was filled with nothing but silence but it wasn't an awkward silence... it feels good to be with her you know? Alex dropped me off and waited until I got in, gosh she gives me butterflies with all these simple gestures... sigh. I took off my shoes and left them on the shoe rack but before I got to my room... "Mija?" My mom called from the kitchen, oh damn that smells good! "What's cooking mama?!" I rushed to the kitchen to find my mom making tacos filled with minced meat, chopped up carrots, tomatoes and her outta this world dressing and to top all of that, a fried marshmallow on top of each tacos! "Ren who was that in the car?" My mom asked while preparing dinner for our family. "Oh that was Alex!" I answered her. "Where's Harppy mami?" "She's probably in her room" "Okay" My little sister just turned 6, and she's probably in her room watching cartoons with my dad. Even though my dad would rather watch soccer, he'd do anything for his family as long as we're happy, and we would do the same. I took a bath and decided to put on a sweat shirt and sweat pants since it's kinda chilly. "DINNER'S READY" I heard my mom yelling from downstairs. Harppy and I would always race to the kitchen, it makes her happy when she wins so, gotta let your lil sister beat you eh? Well, her name is Harper & Harppy's just a nickname I gave her even though she hates it. We're all sat at the kitchen table, enjoying mom's cooking. "Ren I'm going on a business trip and your mom's coming along with me since she wants to visit Paris too. Is that okay? I mean you're going to have to take care of Harper for 3 days..." "Yeah sure we'll be fine" I assured dad and looked at Harper "isn't that right lil one?" I messed with her hair "stopppppp" Harper whined like a baby and we all just laughed.
After dinner, dad took Harper to the living room to watch Pretty Little Liars even though Harper probably doesn't understand a single thing that's on that show... all she knows is about her cartoon, that's it. I stayed back to help mom with the dishes and once we were done, I head back up to my room. I picked my phone up from my bed and saw a few text messages from Alex.
Alex: Hey, have you eaten?
Alex: I'm sorry my bad ;) you're probably eating right now haha
Me: Hey yeah, I just finished! Have you?
I waited for a few seconds before my phone light up again
Alex: Nope but I'm going to! I'll talk to you later aite?
Me: yeah yeah sure!
And with that, I put my phone aside and continue to read "To Kill A Mocking Bird"