20

Ren's POV
We don't have an interview today so I took a cab to my previous college to meet up with a friend of mine, Xena. She's a year younger than me and we are kind of close, just not as close as Alex & I. It's not everyday I get to see her and she has free period in two hours so I gotta get ready. I took a quick bath, well... it took me 20 minutes (not as long as Ms Normani Korder Hamilton yeah?) I dried myself up & decided to go for that "everything sweats" look since it's kinda chilly. I was excited to tell her about my coming out experience since we haven't talk in a while so I got out and took a cab. I met her at the cafeteria, there were a bunch of college kids in there. I guess they had free periods too (look ik nothing about college aite?) I spotted Xena and ran over to her & gave her a hug.
Xena: O-M-G REN!!!!!!! C'MEREEEE
ME: XENAAAAAAA!!!! AWWWWW IT'S BEEN AWHILE
XENA: IKR!!!! Girl look at youuu!
ME: Nahhhhh, look at you! You're glowing!
Xena: Say the one who basically looks like THE Lauren Jagooey(don't hate me pls)
Ren: It's Jauregui
Xena: Yeahhh that's what I said!
Ren: whatever floats your boat then haha! So Xena, how's trying to survive college?
Xena: really? Everyone here is either dead on the inside and out or they're just here to hook up with random people...(Issa joke, don't be pissed)
Ren: talk about college huh? Hahaha
Xena: You're lucky you graduated, so how's life going for you?
Ren: It's kinda good! Hey I really want to tell you about something though! But you have to promise that you won't tell anyone tho... I'm just not ready to let everyone know.
Xena: hey, you don't have to tell me if you're not ready tho...
Ren: no no, you're the only friend I have here anyway...
icameouttomyfamilylastnight
Xena: what?
Ren: I-I came o-out to my family
Xena: you like girls?
Ren: I mean.. no... idk... I only have feelings for my best friend so...
Xena: Oh
Ren: Oh?
Xena: Wait i mean im proud of you Ren!
Ren: thanks! Enough about me, how's your YouTube career going?
Xena: Not good though... I mean I haven't got any good content to put out there so mehhhhh
Ren: You'll come up with amazing contents, don't worry about it!
Xena: Yeah, in fact I already have something in my mind though
Ren: HEY THATS GOOD! I TOLD YA!
Xena: Yeah yeah Ms Know It All
Ren: Thank you very much!
Xena: Argh shit, i gotta go! Catch up with you real soon?
Ren: Yeah sure!

We bid goodbye and I went straight home since there wasn't much to do anyway. I got in and saw Harper sleeping on the couch and a tiny note on the fridge. It said...

Ren, Harper, Tony, I went to the store to grab us the ingredients needed to bake Alex's birthday cake and I'm actually going to make her favourite food since our baby girl has a crush on her, so I thought why not? She doesn't really have anyone to celebrate with anyway. Call me if any of you need anything!

Love, mom.

Oh yeah... Alex's birthday is coming up how could I forget! God what kind of friend am I?? Who forgets their best friend's birthday... or their crush's... Sigh, gotta come up with an idea to "wow" that kid... I opened the freezer and we actually have John Jemima?(idk the spelling so correct me if I'm wrong) "It's Aunt Jemima" Harper corrected me and I find it shocking that she's awake... she's usually a heavy sleeper... "I thought you were sleeping?" I asked "Yeah, but I heard sounds coming from the kitchen & I thought mom was home but it was just you" she shrugged. "Are you going to make waffles?" She asked looking at me with a blank face. I honestly couldn't tell if she's not hungry or she just doesn't like my cooking... it's not like I'm going to cook anyway? "Yeah, you want some?" "Nope, I'd rather eat mom's waffles"(ok that sounded so inappropriate)
I gave her the "Are you fudging kidding me" look because who doesn't like John J- I mean Aunt Jemima? Harper walk out of the kitchen and head to her room to watch some boring old cartoons while I make myself some good ol waffles!