Las Vegas: Part 2

Demi's Sorry not Sorry house party was definitely memorable. I snuck into her meet and greet and have an awesome picture to show for it. I went to Disney for a week and now I'm back.

~ Selena ~

     The amount of panic Demi and I stepped into was at least a four out of five. Our tour manager began to ask us why we were so late. What were we doing sightseeing? How come we didn't answer our phones, among other things. We hadn't said a word, before running into our dressing rooms to change. I quickly allowed Lisa to help me pull on my dress while my other stylist, Mary, began to straighten my hair. I told them I would skip the makeup but was pulled into my director's chair anyway.

     "You still have to cover those." Lisa waved her hand at the fading bruises. I had completely forgot about them.

     "I was walking around all day with these things." I smirked as Mary moved my hand away. They were rushing, trying to get me ready in record time. We were running a half an hour late, and I'm sure our dancers were getting tired of entertaining the crowd out there. Once I was given the okay to make it towards the stage, I ran as if my life depended on it.

     "Your shoes!" Lisa called to me, but I wasn't stopping. Just as I neared the curtain, I spotted Demi darting towards me. Even our sound guys were confused. They hadn't set up everything for either of our sets. Our lights would be fine, but we'd have to do without a few things.

     "Sel...I'll, go on...first." The brunette huffed out.

     "I'm ready." I told her, pushing my lightly curled hair behind my ear.

     "I'm more prepared than you are." She insisted. I watched as she placed her fingers against my arms, slowly moving me back down the steps. "I've got this." She quickly kissed my head before running out to soothe the crowd. The countdown had obviously been bypassed as Demi's music began to blare through the speakers.

     "You guys are bold." I heard Melissa snickering as Marissa ran to my side.

     "The hell were you two doing?" Marissa, Demi's friend, questioned as I focused on the woman out on the stage. "So you're not going to answer me?"

     "We were sightseeing." I admitted as the tour manager walked over towards me. Round two of my scolding began as I tried to explain to him that we weren't planning on being late. He informed me that the LA show must go off without a hitch and blah blah blah. I nodded, smiled, and faced Marissa as she sighed. Once that was over, I took a few paces up the steps to get a better look at Demi. She had been belting out her tunes without a pause. I studied her as she worked the crowd, happily finding hands to latch onto before smiling or winking at her fans. I had gotten closer to her on tour than I ever thought possible. Just months ago she had been ignoring me and now I was as close as holding her heart.

     "I can't believe you two left me." Marissa continued.

     "You said you didn't care."

     "Demi should of known I didn't really mean it."

     "I was the one texting you. How was I supposed to know you meant it as a joke?"

     "This is why I don't like you." Marissa said with a serious face, although a slight smile crept across her cheeks shortly after.

     "Is it true that you don't like me?

     "I hate what you can do to my friend. I hate that you have more control over her than you think. But it's not personally you that I don't get along with. It's the idea that anyone can be so oblivious to the damage they're causing a person, or was." Marissa still had that awkward grin pressed against her face. "Until now I couldn't trust you with Demi. But I suppose, you've shown me you do care for her well being."