For You

~ Demi ~

            Once I stepped out of that tour bus I could practically feel the warmth of my own blood burning my skin. But I knew it was due to the previous actions of carrying a half naked woman to her bus. So without trying to dwell on the matter, I made it back inside the hotel to head towards the ballroom. Marissa had been sitting on the piano bench for a while before she faced me.

            "I thought you went to grab your jacket?" She studied me. My arms were no longer cold. Hell, I couldn't even feel the air conditioner that was clearly on.

            "Uh, I gave it to...," I could clearly remember the nagging that had went on by the woman in front of me and decided that staying silent on the matter was best. "Anyway, lets start." I made it over towards her, sitting to her right before brushing my fingers across the keys in front of me.

            "Demi...." Marissa wouldn't look away.

            "What?" My voice was a bit loud for the current two person party, but I didn't care. I began running my fingers across the piano keys in order to keep my mind clear of any and all intrusions. Nothing was said for a while by the brunette as she studied me. It was as if I needed to keep busy in order to keep her at bay. One key after the other, I did my best to find a tune. My hands found a melody it was comfortable with before I closed my eyes and continued. One after the other, finger after the next, I could feel the music taking me over. The room filled with the sound as Marissa clapped once I brought it to an end.

            "Dude." She slapped my arm, "Where the hell did that come from?"

            "I don't know." I shrugged, quickly searching for something to write down the notes. This went on for a good half an hour before I allowed Marissa to take my place at the piano. I took center floor in the ballroom and tried to think of something to sing. Anything really. I played around with a few keys, blurting out nonsense before grabbing the loose paper we had found. The hotel's name sat in the bottom corner as I studied the pen which belonged to them as well.

            "You ready?" She called over to me as I nodded.

            "Go ahead." I couldn't think of any words to go with the beat. It was as if whatever I created on the piano wouldn't work with whatever it was my mind wanted to do. It was frustrating, but I hummed a few things out, writing on the page as I went along. One moment I thought I had something and the next I was right back where I started. Just before I instructed Marissa to start the music from the beginning, the door opened and Taylor fucking Swift walked in. I watched as she slowly sashayed her skinny ass through the room, stepping in front of me before smiling.

            "I was told this was the only room with a piano. So, I came here." She informed me.

            "Why do you need a piano?"

            "Because I'm helping Selena with a song. Duh." She turned to take in the room. The large windows were covered with drapes which began at the ceiling and clotted together near the floor. I was about to protest until Selena stepped into the room. Now walking into a room wouldn't catch my eye if it wasn't for the fact that she still chose to wear my leather jacket. She was dressed in some jeans and a top I couldn't make out. My jacket was zipped up, covering just enough of her body to leave the mind guessing. Her mid section exposed. She was slowly killing me inside.

            "Great." I rolled my eyes. "Guys, I need the piano." I calmly spoke up, just as Marissa made her way towards Taylor and I. The blonde refaced me as Selena joined us, and we were now in a square form.

            "Demi, I need some piano time as well." Selena smiled.

            "Tough. We were here first."