Dedicated To Love

I went on vacation to NY (wedding) and LA (Vidcon) for the past 10 days. I'm typically traveling, sorry guys. Also, I usually rewrite each chapter over around three to four times, I should stop that. Mistakes will be corrected within the hour.

~Selena~

I suppose it was my fault for allowing myself to feel anything towards Demi. It was my fault for telling her how I felt because in the end, she pushed me away. I stayed in my room for the rest of the afternoon, cradling the hotel's notepad in my lap. I couldn't believe how easily my song lyrics came to me in such a state.

            "Save your advice 'cause I won't hear...
You might be right but I don't care...
There's a million reasons why I should give you up..." I sung the melody over and over, placing more words onto the page as my heart began to ache. There was no reason I should have fallen so hard in such a short amount of time. As the moon slowly rose up into the sky, a message came through on my phone. I ignored it, trying to keep the flow of my writing together.

            "No happy endings..." I whispered, my voice hardly carrying through the room. One moment the pinging noise of a message ceased and ringing began. I had no clue on to whom it could be considering Demi wasn't talking to me, or if she was, it wouldn't be words I wanted to hear. And if it was Nick....if it was Nick, I don't think I wanted to speak with him at this time. The second my phone quieted down, I pulled myself out of bed and realized I was hungry. I hadn't eaten all day and now, as the moon sat high in the sky, I was starving. Without much effort I swung the door open, trailing out of the room and towards the elevator.

I spotted Melissa carrying three bottles of some type of liquid in her arms, happily chatting with a fellow dancer named Johnny. They spotted me, flagging me down by waving their arms. The hotel seemed eerily lit at this hour. Some lights were bright while others sat dim.

"Join us!" Melissa suggested, holding up her liquor as if it was a prize to be won. "A few of us are throwing a last minute shindig."

"A shindig?" I smirked, "What's the occasion?"

"This will be the last party on tour. We have five shows left." She reminded me. "Besides, everyone who is anyone is coming. So you have no excuse."

"But I thought you said it was a few of you guys?"

"Just come!" Melissa beckoned, making her way down the hall as Johnny faced me. His dark hair and deep eyes studied mine until I groaned and followed. I wasn't dressed for the occasion, only changing into some shorts and a tank top a few hours earlier. Inside one of the rooms encompassed loud music, bright lights, and endless screams and cheers. It definitely wasn't a party with a few people. I paced towards the small table of snacks before scarfing down some pretzels.

"Chug."

"Chug."

"Chug."

The chants and hollering breaking through the unbearably loud music was that of a few people towards the far end of the room. The dim flashing lights shone on figures I hadn't known. I suppose a few hotel guests found their way into the party. The smell of burning cigars, weed and other things mixed into the air as I coughed. Whoever's bright idea this was, wasn't winning me over. I slid through a few people and towards the small living room. Lights began to go off. The space was too dense and suffocating. After minutes of roaming around the hotel room, I had found Melissa once again.

"Cheers." She began to hand out glasses of some liquid to the people near her, finally placing one in my hand as well. I studied it.

"What is it?" I questioned, finally relaxing from earlier. The madness happening around me was enough to take my mind off of my own thoughts.