Love Even Harder

~ Selena ~

     "What's up with your friend?" Taylor asked as we made it into the arena. I couldn't really say much to her because I didn't know myself. She was still in the dark about Nick and my situation and I didn't want to tell her right away. I knew my mom would be at the arena within the next few minutes as my manager, and I'd have to practically walk on egg shells around her.

     "Demi's fine."

     "I meant what's up with him?" Taylor was signaling towards Robert, who I hadn't noticed was still moping around since yesterday. A few of his fellow dancers were running through their routines, while he just sluggishly followed behind. It was weird how the two of us were slowly becoming associates. I suppose over our mutual fascination with Demi.

     "Hey." I called to him. "What's with the long face?" He hadn't answered, moving along a bit faster now without giving much attention to me. I was readying myself to call out to him once more just before Taylor tapped my shoulder.

     "Your boyfriend is here." She smirked, not realizing that we had broken up. "Ask him why he just walked past us earlier. That was so rude." She giggled, enjoying talking about the man. I sighed, studying him as he stood towards the back of the arena. It was awkward to have him near, but curiosity overtook me and I decided to make my presence known. He watched me as I approached, leaving Taylor behind where she once stood.

     "What are you doing here?" I questioned.

     "You invited me remember?"

     "That's before.... I didn't think you'd still want to come." My words only caused a nod to escape him. The lights were being placed by the crew members, one shining brightly next to us. "Why were you in such a hurry to see Demi earlier?" I wondered.

     "I don't want to talk about her." He admitted. "I want to tell you that I'm not mad."

     "Um-okay." I crossed my arms confused. "So, why are you here again?"

     "Because Demi needs a friend right now. Not that you could be that to her."

     "And why is that?"

     "Because you're falling for her remember?" He angrily stated as I rolled my eyes.

     "I thought you weren't mad?"

     "I'm not."

     "Well Demi isn't here." I informed him, a smirk creasing his face.

     "Where could she have gone within minutes?"

     "Maybe you can tell me." I studied Nick as he shrugged, his eyes flashing over towards the stage as I did the same. The dancers quickly hopped onto the floor as the fog machine was accidentally released. A couple of people began to laugh as Taylor slowly backed away, cradling her guitar between her arms like a baby. I wasn't worried, knowing everything would be show ready by later on tonight.

     "Come on best friend, it's time to get ready for your meet and greet." Taylor grabbed my hand, pulling me away from Nick before I wiggled out of her grip.

     "Honestly, what did you say to Demi?" My eyes studied those same brown ones I had glanced into hundreds of times before.

     "Not much. Just that I was going to try to work things out with you."

     "I don't think so." I confessed, slowly shaking my head as Nick faced me completely.

     "Selena, you made a mistake, we can work through it."