Saying Goodbye

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I travel a lot and just became obsessed with a show called Wynonna Earp. Wayhaught has become my life and it's literally taking over my being. Finishing things up, sorry for the wait, I'll be getting back into my writing flow soon. Also a 2 week road trip is coming up, but I shall finish this before it starts.

~ Demi ~

I could hear chatter filling the air as it rattled me out of sleep. I sat up in bed, my eyes darting across the room as I tried catching my breath. The space I lay in wasn't my own. I smirked, remembering that just this morning I had crawled into Selena's bed, cuddling up next to her before drifting off into slumber. The bedroom door flung open as Marissa focused on me.

"Finally you're up. You sleep like the dead, I swear." She hopped onto the edge as I studied her.

"What was that noise earlier?" My hoarse voice trying to clear.

"Um, your girlfriend is trying to bake."

"She's not my...." I decided not to get back into the entire, Selena broke up with Nick just days ago and so 'us' dating would be a little rushed. "I should probably shower." I groaned, remembering that I grabbed a few things from my tour bus and brought them over.

"Did you know Taylor snores when she sleeps?" The woman shook her head. "I almost committed murder."

"No one told you to hop in bed with her."

"Cute." Marissa rolled her eyes before pacing around the room. Her fingers brushed over a few polished items before she spoke up. "Selena actually has taste."

"I haven't stepped foot in her place in years." I smiled, finding myself soaking in the warm feeling rising in me. "It still smells like her."

"Is that a sexual reference?" Marissa questioned as I shifted, moving onto the floor before shaking my head.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Marissa, can you just grab the bag I brought in last night and stop jumping to conclusions about things that I say."

"Okay." She rose her hands into the air. "All I'm saying is that, this is her place, of course it would smell like her."

"Go." I signaled towards the door as my friend danced her way out of the room. I hadn't much to worry about now that the tour was over. Honestly, being able to relax was a foreign concept for me on most days. But at least this time, I had Selena to occupy my mind. The last time I stepped into her room was when we were teens. She lived someplace else, but it was still set up the same. Back then I had angrily found myself just leaving out and never coming back.

"Here!" Marissa had returned, dropping the duffle bag onto the floor before scoffing. "Animal print? Gross."

"You're a pain in my side."

"You're welcome." She smirked, closing the door after walking out. I quickly got myself together, showering before pulling my hair into a bun. The second I wrapped my towel around my body, a knock echoed through the air. I silently rolled my eyes, knowing it was my friend coming back to annoy me. However, I was wrong. Upon opening the door, standing there in her blue eyed glory was Taylor, arms crossed and eyes firm.

"Lovato, lets talk."

"I'm a little naked at the moment."

"That's fine." She turned on her heels, walking towards the bed before sitting. I don't know if she expected me to leave the door open while changing, but I didn't enjoy her judging eyes clothed, let alone naked. "I want you to know that this relationship thing that you and Selena have is going to affect not only you guys, but your friends as well."