Love Ain't Simple

~ Demi ~

     In just seven hours, Selena and I was to perform in a sold out stadium in LA. I thought I was prepared for the most part. I had my dances down, my wardrobe slightly ready and as many friends and family coming into the arena as possible. But I worried about the woman still sitting in her bus just a few feet away from my own.

     "Your boys are here." Marissa leaned into my room, her eyes studying mine. "Want me to let them in?"

     "Obviously." I nodded.

     "How am I supposed to know you want them on the bus, I'm not a mind reader." My friend spat back, leaving the space as I cleared my throat. My song book sat spread out in front of me, the pages were marked up from the top to the bottom, front to back. I already had a song in mind just weeks ago for tonight's performance, and now, nothing. A knock erupted from the door frame as I smiled at the three guys glancing back at me.

     "Somebody called for reinforcements?" Kevi walked in, quickly encasing me in a bear hug just before Trevor and Matthew piled in as well.

     "I can't breath." I whined, as the three men continued to hug me even tighter. They hadn't stopped until Marissa pried them away. It was nice to see the guys again considering they wanted me to work on a song with them anyway. "Sorry about ditching you guys last night. I know I was suppose to meet up with you and write a song but someone drunk too much at the club."

     "No apologies needed. Marissa explained everything." Trevor, with his dirty-blond curled locks, took a seat next to me. "Woman problems again I hear."

     "Marissa." I angrily faced my friend as she shrugged.

     "You were the one that left them in route to a club you had left." My friend shot back, crossing her arms before leaning against the dresser behind her.

     "So, what song were you thinking about tuning up?" Trevor poked, quickly grabbing my song book before flipping through it. I tried snatching the object back but only was countered by Matthew, with his dark hair slicked back, blocking my view as he studied me.

     "You didn't call us here to make a love song now did you?" He questioned, poking my nose as I bit at his finger. "We have a feisty one here."

     "A lot of these songs are very...." Trevor mumbled to himself.

     "They're all about Selena." Marissa called out. "She's obsessed with the woman." My friend slid over towards Trevor, snatching the book up before flipping through it herself. I wasn't angry, I trusted each and every one of these guys. But they were prying a lot. "We've recently worked on this." Marissa handed the book over to Kevi.

     "Body Say." He rose his eyebrow, plucking his fingers through his hair.

     "Kill me now." I groaned, falling onto my back before gazing up at the ceiling. I was thankful that neither of them began reading the words aloud. Each taking turns to glance over the page before Trevor joined me, laying back to face me.

     "So do you want to polish up this song?" He pondered. "I mean, it's raw."

     "And very telling." Matthew added.

     "And 'hot'  considering I know who it's about." Kevi added, winking towards me.

     "Shut up." I shook my head, quickly sitting up before recovering the book that was rightfully mine. "I want to work on something else with you guys. The concert is less than seven hours away, and I thought I was prepared to sing this song but I'm not. Like you guys said, it's raw. It's personal as well. So, I have a better idea." As I studied my friends, they all gave me their full undivided attention. "Selena and I don't know where this new found relationship is going to take us. She broke up with Nick not more than forty-eight hours ago and I don't want to pressure her into anything she's not ready for. I on the other hand, want to make my intentions very clear to her."