Crossing The Line

~ Demi ~

As the buses pulled into the gas station I declared that snacks were in order as everyone else went to their own vehicles. I hopped onto Robert's back, barefooted, as he carried me down the steps and towards the station just a few feet away. I heard someone's door slam, which was obvious due to the silent air around us. I turned to find Selena pushing her way up my steps.

"Sel." I called to her, but no response was given.

"She seems pissed." Robert held onto me as I tapped for him to take me back. "Do you think Nick upset her?"

"I don't know." I groaned, "Just take me back to the bus. And grab me a few snacks from the station." I faintly smiled, tapping his head as he lowered me onto the steps. I disappeared inside, finding my bus like we currently left it. "Selena?" I couldn't see her, so the only place she could be was in my room. "You're supposed to be spending time with Nick." I made it towards the door only to find it locked. "Excuse you!" I scoffed.

"I need a place to decompress." Her voice sounded shaken.

"This is my bus. You're in my room. Unlock the door."

"Go have fun with Robert." She yelled through the frame as I pressed my forehead against the wood. I took a slow breath, turning my head towards the wall.

"Sel...he was just carrying me to grab snacks." I reassured her as something moved on the other side. "Are you touching my things?"

"No." She lied, I could hear it in her voice.

"Open the door." I steadied myself against the frame. "Please." A few more seconds and I would start counting. But I was met by two dull brown eyes staring back at me. Selena's cheeks were lightly coated in dried tears. "What's going on?"

"Nick." She rose her hands into the air, walking back into the room as I followed. "He's going on tour with Miley."

"Wait, what?" I shook my head in disbelief. It would explain why everyone in Hollywood was going nuts over the two being together once again. It also made me understand why Nick would be going out to dinner and other small outings with the woman.

"He just told me." She sighed. "How can I be okay with that?"

"There's not really anything you can do about it." My fingers met her cheeks, brushing the few streaks of tears away. "It's his career that's forcing him to tour with her." Although it was a shock to hear those words myself, I couldn't judge the situation. I had to tour with an ex before and it wasn't a walk in the park.

"So you're on his side?" She rolled her eyes before moving away just as Robert returned with the snacks. I had forgotten about him for a second.

"Thanks." I slowly placed my arms against his, moving him backwards as he began complaining. "Selena and I have to talk. Go hang with Nick or something." I spotted my friend outside gazing around for Selena. I flagged him down before pointing towards my bus to indicate she was with me. When I returned back to my room and my driver had boarded, Selena was sitting on the edge of the bed, new tears caressing her cheeks.

"I'm so stupid." She mumbled.

"Sel." I lowered myself in front of her, kneeling against the carpet. Her gaze trying to hold onto mine. With careful movements, I brushed her tears away, watching as she rolled her eyes and glanced elsewhere. "You're not stupid, and I'm always on your side. I doubt Nick knew about this. They never truly warn any of us about tour matters until the last minute. I was forced to tour with you." I snickered as she slid her hands over mine. But it was true, I would of done anything months ago not to be this close to her. But now, I was thankful for it.