Highlight

~Selena~

            Demi and I were finished with our meet and greet, which was a blast by the way. I happily scrolled though the photos the photographer had snapped just as the brunette groaned. She had been keeping her distance from me shortly before the fan meeting and I hadn't known why. My first thought was that something was going wrong with her 'not-relationship,' with Robert. But they seemed completely content at talking to one another.

            "I love this one." I ran my finger across the screen of a photo with Demi and I tugging on a fan as if we were fighting over him. Although I didn't try glancing up at her, I had caught Demi in the distance mumbling something to herself. "You're not losing your mind are you?"

            "What?" Her eyebrows furrowed as I smiled.

            "Nothing. You just seem like you're deep in thought."

            "Not by choice." I watched as Demi crossed her arms, staring directly at me as if she was searching for something.

            "Don't you want to see the pictures?"

            "I'll check them later. I should probably get ready for tonight." She finally turned to head towards the archway before she refaced me. "Who's opening the show tonight?"

            "I could."

            "Great." And without another word, she turned to leave. It was typical of Demi to close herself off when she didn't want to speak about something. I was also use to that kind of thing from her. It was easier for me to spill my heart out then it was for her. At least on most occasions. I thanked the photographer and made it down the hall to my dressing room. I pulled out a few outfits before placing on my long white flowing gown which held traces of rhinestones here and there. The first portion of my act would be a slow and personal one. The second part was definitely more upbeat followed by questions from the audience. Lastly, depending on if Demi or I chose to close the show, I'd do a party remix of some sort.

            After dressing, I ran over to my vanity table to sit. I knew I should of put my makeup on first but decided I'd do my best not to stain my clothes. In a little over twenty minutes I had my 'face' on. A small vibrating noise began to echo through the air before my phone began to chime. I dashed over to answer it, plugging in my curling iron before speaking.

            "Selena darling." Taylor breathed into the phone.

            "Tay." I nodded as if she could see me.

            "I'll be seeing you tomorrow afternoon if that's alright with you."

            "Definitely, I can't wait." I placed the phone on speaker before starting on my hair. Curling a few chunks at a time.

            "So, did you tell Demi I was coming?"

            "I did."

            "And what did she say?"

            "She's...fine with it."

            "You're such a bad liar Gomez." My friend sighed.

            "Okay. She wasn't thrilled. But Marissa is coming as well, so she can defuse some of the madness between all of us."

            "Marissa?" Taylor questioned before moving something on her end of the line. "I don't think she likes me either, so this should be a fun little vacation."

            "Tay, I promise we'll all behave. And that includes Demi herself. Besides, you're coming to help me write a song. I need you here."