What do you mean?

~ Selena ~

     I couldn't believe Taylor had chopped off her beautiful golden locks. Her hair now sat at her shoulders, flattened straight as she took her place cross-legged on the tour bus floor. She had been trying to find lyrics for a song as I laid across the bench to her right.

     "Any more ideas?" She questioned, tapping her chin. We were heading towards the next city over. I hadn't seen Demi all that day besides when Robert was lingering outside my bus.

     "I almost hit Marissa with a door." I twisted to face the blonde.

     "Selena. How are you supposed to get on her good side if you hit her with things?" Taylor sternly glanced over at me as I shrugged.

     "It was an accident."

     "Sure." My friend smiled, shaking her head before humming. She was trying to find a beat before placing actual words on the page.

     "I could play the piano." I sat upright as Nancy, my driver, announced we'd be at the hotel shortly. An actual hotel, instead of merging and becoming one with the tour bus. Taylor made her way next to me, shifting the table into place before us.

     "So how's Nick?" She was genuinely happy for me. After her failed relationships she had began living vicariously through me. And I was not supposed to let her down, she was apparently too invested.

     "He's good." I smirked, wishing he was actually still here with me. But he had to work, just as I had.

     "Whenever you guys get married I'm totally inviting myself to be your maid of honor." Taylor clapped her hands together as I shook my head.

     "You're thinking so far ahead."

     "I know. I just want to cover all my angles." She winked before humming once more. I began tapping the table, trying to find a nice beat before I could find an actual piano. When the bus stopped however I was distracted by laughter which was very familiar. Taylor stopped as well, standing before peeling back the blinds and peering out.

     "Demi seems happy." I smiled from where I sat.

     "Uh. She's totally off her ass." Taylor studied the window as I hopped up and ran towards the glass.

     "I knew she wouldn't last that long without drinking." I frowned, wishing she could at least keep one sincere promise. "She said she wouldn't drink until the end of tour. But I suppose I shouldn't expect much. That's a part of who Demi is." I moved away just as Taylor happily danced towards the door and pulled the steel open.

     "Demi, Marissa." She waved as I groaned and followed. The two were dressed in their pajamas, Demi carrying a pillow in one arm while cupping something in the other. I stayed silent as the three exchanged a very slurred and almost incomprehensible conversation. We had followed one another inside before being lead to our rooms. Taylor was my guest, so she obviously got to bunk with me. Once in the room, I fell face first into the comforter, taking in the feeling of an actual room that wasn't closing in on you as the days went on.

     "So we'll sleep until around ten. Wake up and eat breakfast at the cafeteria and then hit up the lounge area around noon. Maybe you could do a few key piano riffs or something."

     "Taylor." I twisted myself, laying flat on my back before facing her. "Can we worry about tomorrow when it comes? I'm tired." I could already feel myself drifting off to sleep as I pushed myself under the covers. I had no clue what song I wanted to write. I wasn't great with putting words onto paper in the first place. I fell into a deep sleep, not really remembering the dream at hand. But I was abruptly awakened around eight in the morning from a knock on the hotel's door. My heart leapt as another hard hitting knock erupted from the door and into the room.