Stone Cold

Mistakes shall be corrected shortly.

~ Demi ~

"This one." A giggle escaped Selena as she held up a dark dress between her fingers. She had been pulling one outfit after the other out of her bedroom closest, trying them on one after the other as I pressed my back against the archway. "Do you really trust Marissa and Taylor to cook us dinner?"

"Marissa, maybe. Taylor on the other hand is a bit questionable."

"My friend wouldn't poison us." I had found this new sense of comfort between Selena and I relaxing. Maybe it was there a long time ago, but I felt it once again. She had somehow found this balance between being friends and lovers while I on the other hand still struggled with how much give and take had to be split between us.

"Sel, you never told me what you thought about Nick and I speaking." My words caused the brunette to pause mid change, facing me before shrugging.

"I don't know what to think." She whispered before finally deciding on some jeans and a top. "But let us not talk about him or anyone else tonight. It's all about us." Before I could agree with her, a fit of screams burst from the downstairs kitchen, echoing off the walls.

"Ten bucks says Marissa is strangling Taylor." I nonchantly spoke up.

"Ten bucks says they're destroying my house."

"I'd wager that as well."

In moments, Selena and I found ourselves standing among our friends practically speechless. The once white polished walls were now stained red, dripping with splattered meat and spices. There was much I wanted to speak on, but words refused to string together. Taylor stood on one end of the kitchen, a smirk plastered across her face as Marissa slowly brushed her hands through her sauce filled hair.

"Does either of you wish to explain this?" Selena faced the women.

"I thought we were making spaghetti." Taylor mumbled under her breath as Marissa scoffed.

"She knew I said fettuccini. We even bought everything for the dish I suggested." Marissa stumped as the two women glared between one another. Selena's features were unreadable.

"So you two decided to destroy my kitchen instead of coming to a compromise?" The brunette questioned.

"She started it." Taylor wagged her finger into the air.

"And I also finished it. No one goes behind my back." My friend blurted out. "Not even a little string bean like yourself."

"I'm not sorry that I wanted to add some spice to the dish."

"Unlike your talent."

"Excuse you?"

"You're untalented. But don't worry about it, not everyone can sing." Before Marissa could say another word, the blonde across from her scooped up a handful of sauce still splattered on her own shirt and flung it towards the woman laughing at her.

"Guys." I sighed.

"You bitch!" Marissa spat out, running towards a glob of sauce sitting on the counter.

"Don't you dare." Taylor threated with a smirk on her face.

"I'm so confused." I faced Selena as she tried to step between the women. One after the other, screams erupted once again as sauce flew around the room. I found myself ducking onto the floor, my heart racing as something hit my cheek. "Who did that?!"