No Promises

~ Selena ~

I had completed my second set list minutes ago. We had just taken an intermission and were all enjoying our small downtime. Demi had dove into her dressing room, shutting it tight with Kevi, Trevor and Matthew locked inside with her. They were prepping for the finale of the show, so I gave them their space.

"What are they possibly doing in there?" Marissa scoffed, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes.

"You need to chill." Taylor told the younger woman.

"You need to mind your own business, Blondie." Marissa snapped back as I cleared my throat. The two women faced me, as I shied away from their shared glares, grabbing a pickle to snack on. The dancers stormed into the room behind us, quickly gobbling down food and chugging back water.

"Hey, have you seen Robert?" Melissa, my back-up singer and dancer wondered. I had faced her, trying to answer but stood between chewing what was left of the green vegetable. "Yes, no?"

"I haven't."

"Well he's been missing the entire show." Melissa informed me, passing by with nothing else to go on.

"That must be a normal thing around here." Marissa passed by Taylor, taking my side. "People seem to go missing."

"Maybe I should ask Demi." My words were masked by the large steel door opening, hitting the back wall before it closed once again. Practically everyone jumped as we focused in on the culprit. It was Nick, back for a second round of manipulating I suppose. But I wasn't having it, staring him down as Taylor now joined Marissa and I.

"Ladies." His words were slurred, almost as if he had been drinking. The venue did serve alcohol, so maybe that's what he had been up to for these past hours. Because he definitely wasn't backstage.

"Have you been drinking?" I questioned.

"A little. I wanted to talk to you."

"Not like that you don't." Marissa chimed in, placing herself slightly in front of me.

"Selena." Nick was trying to use that same tone I've come to know. But before he could say anything else, Taylor took him away, coaching him by whispering things I couldn't make out.

"So what are you and Demi going to do about him?" Marissa faced me.

"I don't know."

"Well you better figure it out, because he's still all caught up in you." She waved her hand around, sizing me up as I swatted her away. "I'm going to need you to 'not' do that." Another few minutes had rolled on by just as the television screen lit up. The show would end with Demi taking her last few songs and filling the stage with music. We were about three minutes until the countdown was over. Taylor had left Nick sitting on one of the couches in back.

"So, are we going to watch Demi's performance? Because I'd prefer not to." My friend truthfully told me as I smirked.

"I'm going. Besides, it's the last night on tour. Why not end it with a bang."

"What does that even mean?" The woman questioned as I faced the room.

"Everyone, well, my team. Let's end this night with one final prank, shall we?!" I happily strolled on over towards the food table, grabbing a canister of whipped cream as my dancers took notice. Some grabbed fruits, others grabbed whatever they could.

"Um." Marissa blocked the door. "What are you lunatics going to do with that crap?"

"Everyone." I glanced back towards the group of people behind me.