Jar Of Hearts

~ Demi ~

It was a nightmare getting back to the bus for the final time on tour. Massive amounts of fans crowded us due to the gate being left open. We had been surrounded on all ends. Our bodies were still covered with food and confetti and yet no one cared. I wanted to shower. I had to shower. Marissa happily escorted me through the group as I shook hands, signed autographs and held as many people as I could. The second we stepped onto the bus, I took in a deep breath. My parents and sisters informed me that they would meet me back at my house. I was going to miss this tour, and all of the crazy antics that went on here.

"Marissa." I faced my friend, "tonight was amazing."

"I'm so fucking proud of you. Kissing your girl on stage and sending everyone into an uproar. You're the real M.V.P."

"Why are you like this?" I shook my head, walking into the bus's bedroom before grabbing a towel. "I'm going to take a quick shower before packing up. It'd be great if you'd help." I gazed towards the woman as she studied me from the living space.

"I think I'll start with the fridge."

"Don't drink all of my alcohol."

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be sober?" She questioned, raising her eyebrow as I rolled my eyes before walking into the bathroom. I stripped out of the sticky, wet and very food covered clothing before walking into the shower. The water soothed me, hitting my skin as I began breathing in the steam. I lingered under the liquid for a while, a smile caressing my cheeks as I realized, Selena and I actually kissed on stage. In front of our fans. In front of cameras and there was no other care in the world. Never in a million years had I believed this would become my reality. There was nothing better than being on cloud nine. After washing my body, I carried on to my hair, quickly flicking out whatever substance and confetti still clung against the strands.

I had lost track of time. My fingers were turning into wrinkly little prunes just as I dried myself off, wrapping myself up in a towel before walking into the room. The floor had my attention at first, as I did my best to remove excess water from my hair. Someone cleared their voice as I gazed up, I was met by two very intrigued brown eyes.

"Uh, Selena, shouldn't you be packing up your bus?" My words were no match for the look she was giving me. Facing the room door, I had noticed it was closed. "So uh, what cha' doing?"

"I loved the song you guys played tonight."

"I'm glad." I folded my arms across my chest, my towel brushing harshly against my arms.

"But it wasn't the song I expected to hear. And for that reason, I asked Marissa to give me your lyric book." I studied the brunette as she began flipping though the pages, sitting against the bed as her eyes studied the words. "Here."

"What do you want me to do with it?" I questioned, gently grabbing the book before standing in front of the woman.

"Sing it." A mischievous grin caressed Selena's cheeks.

"We don't have time for me to perform an entirely new song."

"Sing it." She instructed, leaning back against her hands just before tilting her head to the side. I admit, seeing her so bold was starting to send signals through me that might not have been what she wanted to do at the moment. I groaned, pretending I didn't want to look over the page before doing so.

"Can't I just read it?" I offered.

"No. Sing it." Selena's persistence was definitely a turn on. Her hair falling against her face as she playfully bit her bottom lip. Before I could complain, I rose the notebook up and studied the words. I knew how the song went, and I knew exactly how I was going to execute it. That was, until a knock came to the door.