Las Vegas: Part 1

~ Demi ~

     I couldn't move. The second I felt the bus jerk to a stop, I opened my eyes to find Selena nuzzled against my chest. She seemed so carefree and peaceful in such a state. Behind me lay Marissa, her tanned leg dangling over my waist as her body somehow was still pressed against me. I couldn't move.

     "We're at the airport." Nancy, Selena's driver, had knocked on the room door speaking through the frame. The only thing on my mind besides hardly being able to breath was wondering why we were at an airport. "Ladies?!"

      "Airport?" I shook my head questioning.

     "Vegas is a long ride. Your tour manager bought flights tickets and I'll just meet you guys around Showtime." The woman gave the door one last knock as Selena faintly gazed up at me.

     "What did she say?" Her groggy voice soothed my ears.

     "Apparently we're taking an airplane ride."

     "What?" Selena was just as confused as I was, but stood on the floor just as fast as she had awakened. Marissa complained when I shook her awake, leading her towards my bus so we could change. Just a few feet across a field sat a private jet, white and polished awaiting us. I dressed in no time, meeting Selena, Marissa and a few others on the runway. No one had told us we'd be taking a flight from Albuquerque to Las Vegas but I wasn't going to complain.

     "Now this is the life." Marissa happily claimed her space at the front of the aircraft, tapping the seat next to her for me to join.

     "Go ahead." Selena giggled, leaving my side to join one of her dancers in back. After we were all boarded and ready to go, I glanced back at my brunette friend. Selena seemed okay, but knowing her, she cared about things whole heartily and had to be thinking about last night right now. But I wasn't going to bring it up. Minutes later, as we stabilized in the air, everyone began walking around and playing stupid 'eye spy in the sky' games. It was honestly pointless but funny none the less.

     "So, how's your girlfriend?" Marissa questioned me, as I faced her.

     "She's not my girlfriend."

     "But you want her to be."

     "She just broke up with her boyfriend last night. That would be irresponsible of me to get with her at such a time in her life."

     "Its also irresponsible that you slept with her when she was still in a relationship and you haven't told her about Nick and Miley but, what do I know? " My friend gazed out the window, tapping the glass with her finger as I sighed.

     "You're so irritating."

     "Because I'm right?" She studied me.

     "No. Because you're annoying." I snapped as the brunette smiled.

     "Are you going to tell her?"

     "I don't know." I confessed. "Because then she'll know I knew about the situation and haven't told her. But on the other hand it's my duty to make sure she knows the truth." I slid into my seat more. "I'll think about it."

     "Your life is so complicated." Marissa smirked, rubbing her hand across my arm as I pushed her away. She grabbed me with both arms and just held onto me as I groaned and complained. A few hours later, we had arrived at the Vegas international airport. No bags, nothing. It was just a few dancers and our tour group all walking in step with one another towards the arrival area. In the distance stood a man with a poster board, holding it into the air reading, "TGDS."