Nerves

~ Selena ~

     The past two weeks of my life seemed to have dragged on forever. Between the media finding out about my breakup with Nick, due to obvious reasons of them claiming I made out with Demi on stage and broke his heart. I just went with it. And the fact that she was slowly moving us through this process of not-dating but wanting to date phase, I was losing my mind. The morning breeze calmed me as I sipped on a cup of coffee near the pool. My eyes would find a ripple in the water and focus on it as I tried clearing my thoughts.

     "Honey, I'm home!" Taylor boomed, bursting through the double door as I faced her.

     "You should of called."

     "Why, am I interrupting something?" Her smirk caused me to roll my eyes as she sprawled herself across the lawn chair next to me. "What's going on?"

     "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I groan, my head still on Demi's persistence that we pace ourselves. It was a weird feeling to know that this woman was so madly in love with me that she wanted to be extremely careful in everything we did. Even if they included giving me space when I haven't asked for it.

     "So, how are things with Demi?"

     "The same as yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. And so on and so fourth since we've arrived home." I brushed my lips against the rim of my mug, taking a whiff of the coffee before facing Taylor. "I don't know what she's waiting for."

     "Maybe she's waiting for the press to stop hounding her about the kiss on tour. Because you do know that they believe she broke you and Nick up right?"

     "I don't care what they think."

     "Maybe Demi does."

     "I doubt it." The cool breeze soothed me as I began to slowly sip the drink between my hands. "I haven't seen her in four days."

     "Wow." My blonde friend sat up, "that sounds terrible."

     "My heart can't take the space between us." My chest would always do this cartwheel every time something reminded me of the woman. I closed my eyes just before I heard clicking next to me. Taylor's fingers had moved across her touch screen phone before she pressed the speaker button. I questioned what she was doing and to my surprise, heard a voice I hadn't expected to hear.

     "What do you want now?" Marissa's voice cut through the phone as I snickered.

     "It's Taylor." My friend informed the woman.

     "I know who it is. What is it? Get yourself stuck in a small space, you giant troll?"

     "Trolls are small." My friend snapped.

     "Like your brain." Marissa quipped.

     "Hi, Rissa." I spoke up to allow her to hear my voice. I was like the calm before the storm between these two.

     "Hey. What can I do for you Selena?"

     "I don't know." I shrugged, facing my friend as she rolled her eyes and leaned against the speaker.

     "Selena wants to see Demi." Taylor happily spoke up.

"What if she's busy?" Marissa teased.

     "Just get her here."

     "I suppose Selena would like her naked with a giant red bow across her chest as well." I could hear the woman laughing on the other end of Taylor's phone as I covered my face.