After Effect

~ Selena ~

     I was cold. To say Demi's bus was on the verge of freezing was an understatement. As I sat on her bed, naked, studying the features of my makeup artist, I realized I would have to come up with something to say to this woman. Demi had been sitting not too far behind me wrapped in a blanket. I had no idea what my stylist was thinking, but she hadn't said a word. Lisa quickly did her best to cover the visible marks. Her brush working against my shoulder and collar bone as I squinted, trying to mask the tickling sensation it gave me. I wanted to laugh honestly.

     "Done." The woman stood, taking in my skin before I covered myself with the robe at my waist. "Do you need some makeup as well?" She faced Demi.

     "Nope." She replied as Lisa nodded.

     "I'll see you tonight then." She gazed at me once more before turning to walk out of the room. I let out a deep sigh before falling back against the sheets, my eyes finding Demi's.

     "You okay down there?" She poked my nose as I nuzzled it away, her smile growing. "I'm really enjoying this side of you."

     "What side? I'm acting like myself." I admitted, her eyes rolling once before she stretched her arms onto either side of my head. We were facing each other upside down, the view of her dimpled chin causing a giggle to arise out of me.

     "Sel. We've made a mess of things, and I don't mean of this room."

     "I know." I twisted myself onto my stomach, gazing at Demi as she pressed her back against the headboard. "I don't want to think about it." My hair began brushing against my cheeks, almost falling into my eyes as I tilted my head. "We should probably get dressed now."

     "I suppose." Demi smirked just as her phone made a brief beeping noise. She faced it, hopping off the bed before reading her message. Her bare back partly covered from the sheet exposing another little trophy I seemed to have left.

     "You weren't the only one to leave bruises." I admitted, sitting up as Demi faced me.

     "What are you talking about?"

     "There's a trail against your back where I'm pretty sure my nails have been."

     "Oh, really?" Her eyes lit up in surprise just before her phone went off. She studied the message, facing me once again. "Nick wants to know when you're coming back to him." She said those words as naturally as she could, studying me as I shrugged. "You should go to him. We have to get ready for the day anyway."

     "Do you really want me to?"

     "You can't stay barricaded in my bus forever, no matter how much that would please me. Besides, we still have to figure out what all of this means between us. Not that I'm going anywhere." I watched as Demi sent a message back, her fingers swiftly moving across the screen as I groaned.

     "I hope he doesn't think I want to talk about him touring with Miley, because I'm still pissed about it."

     "And you're allowed to be mad."

     "He knew this entire week and hadn't told me."

     "Because what difference would it make?" Demi gazed up from the device in her grip, walking over towards me before smiling. "He can't change it."

     "He could of told me sooner." I snapped, crossing my arms as the brunette brushed my lips with her fingers. I rolled my eyes, knowing she was trying to stop me from talking about the matter. Being near her sent happy chills through me. A grin working its way against my cheeks before I stuck out my tongue.