5

"Hey Kratchetaaaaa

"We miss you here ! I'm currently with Stephy, who has come to North Carolina for our game tomorrow, and we've been yelled at by a Zara employee for staying in the cabin for too long. Remember when that happened with Carli ? Say hi from us by the way. Especially Steph.

"Sorry we haven't been able to call you yet... With the jet-lag and the strict schedules of soccer, it's becoming really hard... But know that we miss you, and we're not the only ones. It's been what ? One week now ? When we played your former team, the Spirit gals told us they missed you. But now you've got and Carli and Kelsey by your side.

"We can't wait to watch you guys' first game and see you make your debut ! We believe in you Kratch, and... Yeah, we love you."

Sam's voice is covered by the sound of people - probably Steph and her mother - cheering behind her. That makes me smile, as I can totally imagine the scene and what is happening with those three reunited.

I slowly shake my head, setting my jaw.

"Are you all right ?" a voice asks behind me.

Realizing that I am crying, I remove my earphones, wiping my tears away, making sure the person entering the locker room can't see me other than from behind. I hear the footsteps, before Lucy Bronze walks toward her part, where her stuff are hanging, before turning around and siting down.

She then starts putting her training stuff out of her bag, as I say :

"Yes, I'm good."

"None of my business, but it doesn't look like you are" the brunette softly and respectfully settles, before throwing me a thoughtful look. When she realizes that doesn't make me comfortable, she adds : "You don't need to explain yourself, it's normal to have ups and downs, especially far from family."

I nod.

"Thank you."

She doesn't say anything after that.

Once the other girls are here, I start cheering myself on. They're just surrounding me, making me laugh and talk more than I would've. Quite surprised by the way they are able to just be here and make me feel better, I start smiling. When I cross Lucy's eyes again, she only nods her head, cracking a smile, like if she was saying 'see, it's not that complicated to be happy'. But the second after that, she is already looking at Jill, who is talking to her.