Annabeth Chase

AU!!!! No demigods and Percabeth is not together quite yet...

"But, Piper, I don't want to go on a blind date," I complain to the girl standing behind me and doing my hair. She's twisting it up into a bun, leaving tendrils of hair to curl by my cheeks. "Why can't I just stay home and watch the Bachelor and stuff my face with Cheetos?"

I can see Piper roll her eyes in the mirror. "First off, I am not going to let you kill your eyes by watching that garbage. Second, you can't spend a Friday night stuffing your face with Cheetos." Piper ties my bun in place and then whirls me around so she can do my makeup. "And come on. He's one of Jason's friends. I've met him and he's really nice."

I sit and pout. I don't do blind dates. They're usually weird and awkward and spend half the time in utter silence. "Piper, seriously. I'm content being a single Pringle."

She glares at me and points the mascara wand at my face. "You girl, will go on the date with Jason's funny, hot, nice friend. You will give him a chance. Okay?"

I hesitate for a moment, but Piper seems set on my date and it's not like I want to cross my best friend. I sigh. "Okay, fine. I will go on a date with your boyfriend's friend."

Piper smiles. "Great, now sit still and let me make you pretty."

I roll my eyes, but obey.

O•O•O•O•O

I look at the restaurant. It seems popular. I sigh and lean back in the seat of my car. I take a deep breath as my stomach flops around. I can't believe I'm going to do this. I take another deep breath and remind myself that Jason's friend is funny, hot and nice. I catch my breath when I realized Piper hadn't included smart, but I sigh when I remind myself that this is me were talking about. She wouldn't set me up with someone who wasn't my speed.

I place my hand on the door and climb. The night air is cool as it blows past my face. As I walk towards the restaurant, I hear the gravel crunch beneath my flats. The skirt of my dress wiggles around in the wind as I walk, and I have to hold down the sides of the light blue sundress.

Finally I make it into the restaurant. Looking around, it's kind of a half fancy half casual look and I realize Piper had been right on all counts of my outfit as usual. Taking a breath, I turn the hostess and say, "For Percy."

The woman uses her finger to scroll down the list. She stops and smiles to me. "He's already here. Come with me." She leads me quickly through the restaurant. It seems like forever before she finally points to a table set for two. "There you are."

I nod in thanks as she turns to leave. There's a man already sitting there like she said. He hasn't noticed me yet, so I take the time to look him over. His black hair is unruly and sticks up every which way. His pale hands tap along the edge of the menu laid out in front of him, and underneath the table, I can see his leg bouncing up and down rapidly.

I close my eyes and steel myself. I couldn't see his face and therefore didn't actually know if he is hot yet, but if his obvious physique is anything to go by, then he's definitely attractive.

"Hey, I'm Annabeth Chase," I say, smiling as I walk towards the table.

The man gets up, a smile dancing over his features. I feel a blush rise over my face as I realize how true Piper's words are. His jaw is defined and his high cheekbones something chiseled from a sculpture. Though the stopping feature are his eyes. They are green and soft as they look me over.

"Percy Jackson," he replies shaking my hand. "You're gorgeous," Percy declares. I blush as he comes around behind me and pulls out my chair.

"Thanks," I tell him, settling down in it.