Annabeth Chase

So this is during the Last Olympian when Annabeth takes the knife for Percy. Enjoy!

Percy just threw the Minotaur off a bridge. So naturally now we're taking on the rest of the army. Just him, me and the Apollo cabin. Percy going nuts. He's slashing and stabbing everywhere and not a single thing touches him. The beauty of the Achilles curse. I wonder where his Achilles spot is. His Achilles heel.

Oh schist, it'd be just like Percy to choose his heel. I slice through an evil hellhound and say a quick prayer that he hadn't.

Soon we've forced the remaining monsters to the Brooklyn side of the Williamsburg bridge.

Percy is still going full force, laughing maniacally. What's he doing? We've already routed them. We need to pull back. Who knows how many campers we've already lost today, we can't loose any more.

"Percy!" I scream through the battle noise. "You've already routed them. Pull back! We're overextended!"

But he keeps going. Percy you idiot! I know him well enough that somewhere in the very bottom of his brain he can hear me and agrees with me. He's just too dam stupid to listen.

Suddenly Percy stops. Me and the Apollo cabin follow suit. I start to wonder why...and then I see him.

Kronos. Eyes of gold. A leering black scythe in his hands. The Lord of Time.

"Now. We pull back." Really Percy? You have to see Kronos to make up your mind? A little late don't you think?

Like always, I'm right. The Titan's army draws their swords and charge. The Apollo cabin shoots a volley, but it's obvious it's not going to be enough.

"Retreat! I'll hold them!" Percy screams.

Like hell I will. I'm fighting with you to the end Seaweed Brain. Achilles curse or not.

Most of it's a blur. For the life of me I can't tell you how many other demigods I probably killed. But I stayed shoulder to shoulder with Percy the entire time. That's all that mattered.

And then everything happened all at once.

Two shadows fall overtop of everything. I can tell without looking it is Blackjack and Porkpie. Percy does look up. I guess that's how he didn't notice the demigod with the knife coming up behind him. For a split second I thought to leap in front of him. Then I thought, why? The Achilles curse will save him. But the voice pesters me continuously until I dive. The blade drives into my shoulder and I sink to the ground.

Everything goes fuzzy. Percy starts shouting. Slashing his sword at all the monsters in front of me, keeping them at bay. Kronos says something. He stalks over to Percy to leer at him. He says something and this time I hear it.

"Bravely fought, Percy Jackson," he says. "But it's time to surrender...or the girl dies."

He hesitates.

Holy Hera. His fatal flaw. Dam you Percy. There's a war. I'm just another fallen soldier in it.

"Percy, don't," I manage to croak. I see a flash of worry spin around his face before he shouts, "Blackjack!"

Teeth clamp on my armour and tug me into the sky. Percy sails farther and farther away and then nothing...

••••••••••*wiggles eyebrows*•••••••••

I wake up laying on a lounge chair. Silena Beauregard wipes my forehead with a cool cloth. I shiver underneath all my blankets at the cool touch.

"Percy'll be here soon," she whispers. I try to nod, but she stops me. "Annabeth, you just got stabbed. Quit moving will you?"