Piper Mclean

So this is another no mist one (it's a phase)...hope you enjoy.

Hecate faded. No one really knows how exactly. Anyways, because Hecate faded, ultimately the mist faded along with her. So, satyrs were very easy to spot. You know, the kid who is excused for gym class because of a leg injury, but then can run like the wind on enchilada day in the cafeteria *cough cough Grover cough cough*. So Zeus had the amazing idea of sending out demigods to high schools to scout for other demigods...

Okay, I'll admit. It isn't the worst idea. But seriously? High school? Come on Zeus.

The worst thing is though, I get sent back to the Wilderness school.

Joy.

Why didn't Jason get to come here instead of me? Why am I stuck at the stupid boarding school out in Nevada?

I take a deep breath in as I walk into the school. Classes are about to start. I'll worry about fixing up my dormitory later. I walk on to the office and lay my hands on the receptionist's desk.

"Hi, I'm Piper McLean. New student. May I have my schedule, please?" I ask. The receptionist's eyes narrow down on me and I know she's recognized me from last year. So I lean over the desk to whisper, "it didn't all work out."

She nods as if she understands and quickly hands over my new schedule for the term. I glance quickly to see what first period is. Biology with Mr. Sykes. I do a double take and then groan. I had Sykes last year; worst Biology classes ever. I quickly head over to my locker to grab my Biology stuff. By this time I've already missed homeroom.

I enter the room. Luckily the door is at the back of the room. I find a place at the back and sit down, hoping no one notices me. But no, Mr. Sykes hasn't done roll yet. I resist the urge to spit out every swear word I know. He finally reaches the Ms and his eyebrows raise up to his forehead. "Piper McLean?"

I want to vomit right now. Stupid teacher. Stupid school. Stupid satyrs for being half goat. Stupid gods for having so many demigod children. Stupid Zeus for sending me to the only Tartarus above ground. Stupid Mother for absolutely nothing. Stupid...nope, all out of people to blame. I sigh and notice that all the kids who before seemed so immersed in their phones, are now all looking around trying to find their old classmate who they haven't heard from all year and has now entered their lives once more.

I raise my hand slowly. "Here." I squirm around in my seat as 20 sets of eyes lay on me and stare me down. I nod awkwardly and smirk a little. I'll admit it. It is funny seeing so much disbelief on one face. For a second I imagine how Leo or Jason would act in this situation. Probably laugh their butts off. I grin at that, than sober up. I wish Jason was here. Oh gods, even Leo would be refreshing.

Holy Hephaestus, I haven't even been here a whole period and look at me. Already I'm dying. Piper McLean, get a hold of yourself girl.

I blow some hair out of my face as Mr. Sykes starts up his Biology lesson. Yeah, great pep talk, I tell myself. I roll my eyes and continue to ignore everyone's stares.

Ring, ring, ring. I fly out of my seat. The stares are no longer funny. They're just really creepy now. I'm not Jason or Leo. I can't just laugh their formidable eyes off. Erg!

I look down at my Biology notebook too see if I had at least taken down some notes. Nope. The first two pages of my notebook were covered with "Sparky" and "Blond Superman" in different styles. I sigh. Why wasn't I born a daughter of Athena? Life would be so much easier.

I pack up my stuff and walk to the other side of the building for English class.

I'm the last one to enter and I'm standing right beside the chalkboard when another 20 eyes peer at me and gasp.