Diedre Alamanga

No mist. Chrisse...finally!

The Greek gods are real. Surprise!

Yeah.

Something called the 'Mist' came down. The Mist concealed the godly world to us mortals. So when it came down, mortals could see the gods and their children, the demigods as well as monsters. Now, monsters have figured out that mortals can see them, so they've been attacking us as well as the demigods. So now, in high school, gym classes are being used as training, where we learn to fight with celestial bronze weapons and defeat monsters.

Yeah, there's another nurse on hold in the infirmary now.

Anyways, so as a special...treat, I guess, there's is going to be a demigod coming to give us some pointers on our sword fighting techniques. I'm actually really excited. I've been improving with the blade and am one of the best in the class already, but still not nearly as good as I have to be in order to fight off a hellhound. I appreciate all the help I can get with the thing.

The bell rings to end my math class, and I sprint to my locker to shove all my stuff in. I finally get to the change room, and I'm out the door — gym clothes on — in seven second flat.

I really want to get some pointers.

I'm the first one in the gym. Coach Sank notices this, and gestures for me to pick up sword 89, the one I've been  using for the majority of the year. I do, and I practice a slash or two before the rest of the class comes stumbling in.

"OKAY!" The busy gym instantly quiets. I turn. I notice for the first time that a girl with stringy brown hair and a wrestler's build is standing next to Coach Sank. "Listen up!" The whispers stop. She pulls out a bronze javelin that crackles with electricity. "My name's Clarisse La Rue. I'm a daughter of Ares, and I'm going to show you a couple things about fighting with weapons in general. But first, who wants to fight me?"

No one raises their hand. Maybe we were all competitive people, but at the same time we all knew that Clarisse (who's a daughter of Ares — ARES) was waaaay out of league.

Clarisse start to tut, "Well aren't you all the saddest bunch of—"

"Hey La Rue!" a voice near the back shouts.

We all turn to look at the idiot who wants to get himself killed. A lean guy with black hair walks confidently forward. I stare at him, trying to place him. I vaguely remember hitting him in dodgeball. I think he's in my math class. I'm not sure. He's probably one of those mediocre students that no one ever remembers, which is sad, but true.

Clarisse seems to recognize him immediately though. "Rodriguez. You think you got better?"

"Oh, please. I know I got better," 'Rodriguez' counters.

Clarisse just smirks. "Bring it on. Good luck, you're going to need it." I study 'Rodriguez'. He looks confident in his stance, but a sheen of sweat covers his forehead, telling me he's not nearly as confident as he pretends. His muscles tense, ready to block, because he has already accepted his defeat. Who does that? Who goes and challenges someone even though they already know that they're going to get pummelled? It seems like a wast of effort.

Clarisse lunges, so fast I almost didn't catch it. I doubt Rodriguez saw it entirely. I wait for the sound of a unconscious body dropping to a wooden floor...but it doesn't come. Instead he blocks her with a flick of his wrist. She's thrown off.

"You have gotten better, nice stuff, Chris," Clarisse tells him, not in the least surprise that he can do this.

The whole speed fight goes on for a another 40 seconds or so before Clarisse crosses her javelin at the hilt of his sword, twists, and disarms him. In the split second she does this, Chris falls onto the floor, keeping a leg out so that Clarisse trips and falls on top of him.

She narrows her eyes at the scheming boy. Surprisingly she doesn't punch him. Instead she just looks at Chris expectantly. Chris grins, as if he actually won the fight and not her. Then he does something that is even more unimaginable than duelling Clarisse and surviving. He puts one hair on her neck and the other on in her hair and pulls her down into a kiss.

Needless to say, the entire class plus Coach Sank goes into shock. When they pull away, Clarisse is smiling, actually smiling. Then she punches him on the arm. Chris winces, but croaks, "Missed you, too."

Clarisse smirks and pecks him on the cheek before rolling off of him and standing up. Chris gets up too. Clarisse looks at him again. "Well? Sooner you introduce yourself, the sooner I can get these newbies started."

I started to protest about the whole 'newbie' thing, but Chris had already started talking.

"Hey, I'm Chris Rodriguez, son of Hermes. And I happen to also be Clarisse's boyfriend. Lucky me." He says the last part in a low voice aimed at Clarisse. Is that my imagination or do Clarisse cheeks tint slightly? Is she blushing?

She quickly covers it all up with an eye roll, but the corners of her lips turn up slightly to say that she's pleased. Chris must see it too, because he slings an arm around her and kisses the top of her head sweetly.

Clarisse narrows her eyes at him. Why? It was such a sweet gestures.

"Give me my wallet back," she insists.

Chris makes a pouty face, but produces the wallet, which no one had seen him steal except Clarisse, and hands it back to his girlfriend. "You're getting better."

"Yeah, now shut up and help me teach a class."

"Yes, ma'am!" he salutes and they both turn back around to face the rest of us still gaping mortals.

Yay! I updated! Whooooo! Hope you all had a nice back to school thing. Mine was okay. Still sucks but it's okay.

Be awesome and amazing and bizarre!

(Vote/comment/fan)
~omgitshappenninning 😜