Hazel Levesque

Frazel. In this they're at camp half blood for reasons...boom, use your imagination cause I'm lazy.

I puff out my cheeks, exasperated. Everyone says the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Well these people have yet to meet Frank Zhang.

Yes, he loves my cooking. I know that, and he tells me he loves me even more with every bite. Maybe that's even true. But I really want to do something, cook something — I don't really know — that'll make a lasting impression on him forever so even when we're old and gray he'll look up at me and ask me to make it for him.

But I don't know what that is.

I've made cookies. Fudge. Chocolate cake. Vanilla cake. Apple crumble. Cup cakes. I even went as far to bake brownies and dump canned peaches over them all. But none of these things are going to stick with him longer than a year or two.

So I need to make something completely and utterly mind blowing.

I walk into the pantry of the kitchen in the Big House and just stand there, sucking in the different aromas. A pie maybe? Haven't tried that yet have I? Maybe a different cake? I wonder how he feels about pavlova...

I shake my head. I'm never going to figure it out. Finally deciding to take a break for now, I wander out of the kitchen, untangling the apron from my waist and sling it halfheartedly around the back of a chair. Stepping out onto the porch, I collapse on a porch swing occupied by Piper and Lacy.

"Hey, Hazel," they greet me.

"Hey, guys," I respond.

"So..." Lacy reaches over Piper to budge me with her finger. "How's Frazel doing?"

I smile at the name people'd made up for Frank and I. I think it's kind of cute the way they smushed our names together, but also a bit creepy.

"We're doing good..." I trail off.

The two Aphrodite daughters each quirk an eyebrow, and then, in synch, they demand, "Spill."

"It's nothing bad or anything," I'm quick to put defences up. "It's just that..." I shake my head. "No, I'm going about this the wrong way. You know how people say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? So I've taken that literally in trying to find the perfect baked good that will leave this lasting impression in Frank's mind. And when he eats it or something, he'll think of me...? You know?"

Piper grins playfully at me. "That was some cheesy stuff there, girl."

I groan. "I know, Frank and I are not what you would call an 'original' couple."

"But you are the sweetest by far," Piper argues.

I smile, thinking about Frank and his panda bear demeanour, yet looking the complete opposite. His strong arms, and muscled chest, but still the clumsiest of us all.

There's a snapping in my ear, and when my eyes focus forwards again, there's a hand waving in my face. "Hazel? You alive, girl? Hazel? Seriously, though. You're starting to freak me out. Hazel?"

I jerk my head to Lacy. "Yeah?"

My two friends let out visible sighs of relief.

"For a moment there I was really worried, Hazel," Lacy says. Then she turns to trade a quick look with Piper, leaving me confused as to what had been said while I'd been day dreaming. Then Lacy turns to look at me and I know I don't have to wait long to find out.

"Hazel, if your goal for this cooking project of yours is to make a lasting impression on Frank forever, you're going about it the wrong way," she states.

I cock my head to the side, "Okay then, how should I go about it?"

Lacy smiles and leans over Piper's lap to whisper to me. Her suggestion makes me snort slightly, but I do see the value in it. I squint at her. "You're positive?"

"I'm an Aphrodite kid. Are we ever wrong when it comes to love?"

I nod and turn to Piper for her input. "What do you think?"

Piper grins at me. "I think you should go for it girl."

I sigh and stand up off the swing. "If you say so." I step off the porch and start heading towards the cabins, fangirl shrieks starting up behind me.

I smile, thinking about what I'm about to do. It seems kind of weird. But also kind of perfect. My feet follow the now familiar dance around the minefields of the Ares cabin, and I precariously scamper over the barb wired fence, praying that I don't trigger anything I don't know about. Fortunately for me I reach the door unharmed, knocking on it immediately.

I tap my foot in anticipation, needing Frank to appear in the doorway, before I loose my nerve. Finally the door opens and my panda bear boyfriend stands handsomely in front of me.

I smile as his face blushes red and I turn to peer behind him. The rest of the cabin is empty, perfect.

As Frank begins to stammer out greetings, I lay a finger on his lips, rise up on my toes and kiss him. At first his mouth is hard on mine, but then he relaxes, kissing me, wrapping his arms around my back, holding me against him.

I smile into the kiss and when we finally have to come back up for air to breathe, I break away from his hold, starting back the way I'd come. Halfway to the barb wire though, Frank recovers and calls out to me, "Hazel Levesque, did you walk all the way here to kiss me?"

I turn back to him. "Yeah. Pretty much."

He grins, blushing. Then he starts towards me, quickly catching up and folding my small frame into his arms. He rubs his nose against mine. "Have I ever told you that I love you?"

I smile radiantly up at him. "You might have mentioned it once or twice."

Frank leans down towards me, his lips finding my own and gently caressing them. I kiss him back, just as softly, enjoying every moment in his arms.

My last coherent thought: Remind me to tell Lacy that she's a genius.

So...yeah. That happened. Hope you liked it. I missed Frazel. Also, I apologize, I keep trying to write a part two for Tessa Black but I honestly can't think of anything that isn't utter and complete shi—crap. So unless something cool just pops into my mind for that, I afraid to say that there will not be a part two. 😞 I'm so sorry guys.

But in other news, if you liked this, vote and I love comments.
~omgitshappenning 😜