Kennedy Walters

So this is dedicated to @Im_a_shipper_gez for this awesome OC Kennedy Walters. I'm so sorry I've taken so long to write this, you've probably forgotten you even requested it. Anyways, to any Caleo shippers reading this...be warned, it doesn't exist. Leo is unattached. a single Pringle.

I knock on the door before peering into the Mayor's office. He'd slept here overnight and I'd needed a paper signed for school as he's technically my legal guardian. I'd headed over here early this morning and now I'm going to be late.

I pick up the signed paper. "Hey, Andy, just wondering if I could get a ride to school?" I ask, eyeing the stacks of paperwork spread all over the desk in front of him.

My adoptive father mumbles something about "Sheryl" and waves me away, taking up yet another sheet of paper and eyeing it suspiciously, before signing the bottom.

I smile sarcastically, "Great, thank you, Mayor Mathews." Then I hop out of the room.

It was common knowledge around town that the Mayor only adopted me as part of his public image. He'd been low in the polls at the beginning of his election and what better way was there to gain supporters than to give a headstrong fourteen year old orphan a home? Now, a whole year later, I know he regrets it. I can't hate him for it though, as much as I want to, because even I'll admit that our dinners are much tastier than anything I've had before.

I sidle up next to his secretary's desk. I pause there and ask, "So, Sheryl, how about a ride?"

She smiles a little and picks up her keys. "Course, Keni," she replies, walking across the room in just a few strides of her long, high heeled legs. I smile, while Andy never seems to have the time of day for me, Sheryl has always been there. Maybe not as a mother figure, but as an elder sister she's wonderful.  Quickly, I follow her into the elevator and all the way down to the underground parking lot.

Sheryl swiftly climbs into her Honda Civic and puts the keys into the ignition. I jump into the seat beside her and she pulls out of her parking spot much too slow for my liking. "Faster," I whine. "Sheryl, I'm going to be late!"

I know she rolls her eyes at me, but the car jumps a bit as she pushes down the peddle. "Thank you, Sheryl," I say in a sing-song voice.

She huffs a bit. "You're welcome, Kennedy," Sheryl says my name in a disgraceful tone, which makes me stick my tongue out childishly.

"You know how much I hate that name," I inform her.

"Nah, secretly, you love it," she tells me.

"I do not," I protest.

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not," I repeat again, wanting the last word.

Sheryl's silent for a while and I think I've won when I hear her whisper under her breath, "Do too."

"D-"

"Ahh, look, we're here. Get out so I can get back to the cranky old man," she cuts me off, pulling in front of my high school.

I roll my eyes at the twenty something woman in heels and a pencil skirt participating with me in the stupid game.

I climb out of the car and as I slam the door, call, "Do not!"

I can hear her "Do too!" floating back to me as I sprint over the quad.

~o0o~

I fling myself into a seat of my first period class as the tardy bell chimes. One of my best friends leans over from behind me and whispers, "Cutting it a bit close, Melody?"