Millie Parker

Solangelo. I've missed it.

I walk down the hall, sizing up the freshies. Man, they were tiny. I pass a boy who seems to go no higher than five feet. But who am I to judge? I'm only 5ft 1" myself.

I grin. I know, I know, first day back to high school and I'm grinning? What is going on in my messed up brain? I don't know that answer myself, but the reason for my grin is this: school is a routine. I love routines. You don't have to think about what you're doing, your body already knows all the motions, so you just do. Than winter break comes and your sleep patterns go haywire and your stomach rumbles at all the wrong times. Point is, I love routines. What can I say, I'm a systematic person.

I grab a couple books out of my locker without looking. I know before they even wind up in my hands that they are my English and Science books, exactly what I'll need. It's easy because my English book is always third from the top and my Science book is always second from the bottom.

What can I say? I'm a systematic person.

I head off to class and sit down at a desk near the back. Close enough I can read the board perfectly. But far enough so the teacher won't call on me. I open my Science book to the first page and wait for the class to begin.

"Hey, you got a pencil?" There's a tap on my shoulder.

I turn and face the person. "I can— holy crap! Will! You're back! Where were you? I missed you!"

"Millie?" he asks, as if he doesn't recognize me. I knock him on the shoulder. "Duh."

He smiles. Butterflies well up in my stomach. Will Solace is smiling. At me.

Okay, Millie, back up the truck up. There should probably be some explanations now.

Will Solace is blond. He has blue eyes. He is hot. This is not debatable. This is a fact. Another fact: he showed up at my school at the beginning of sophomore year and then abruptly left seven months in. By that point I had befriended Will and we'd become amazing friends.

At that point I also had a crush on him.

I know, crushes on your best friends always turn out horribly. Either you start dating and then you break up or you tell the other person and you drift apart because your friend is completely weirded out. I know the rules. I understand. But I can't help it. As stated above, Will Solace is hot. It's hard to not crush on him. There's also the fact that he's exceptionally smart. He's going to become a doctor someday. It's his life goal.

"It's good to see you again," I say. Will opens his mouth, but at that moment Mr. Clery bangs into the Science Lab and slams a stack of papers onto his desk.

"Sit down. Class has started." Will and I sit down.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2 months later

"Millie, can you show a new student around this morning?" the secretary, Ms. Kent asks.

"Sure." I smile and go to knock on the principal's door. I've realized now that Student Council President has it's perks and it's downsides. Showing newbies around is one of the downsides. I'll do it, sure. But will I enjoy it? Hell no.

"Come in," the principal's bombing voice reverberates throughout the small office. I twist the knob and walk inside.

Sitting behind his desk is a rolly-polly man in his late 40s. Our principal. I know him well. I turn my attention now to the small pale boy sitting across from him. The two are polar opposites. While the principal grins at me, his tan face beaming, the guy sits sullenly, his back straight, his eyes sunken and wearing the biggest grumpy cat face I've ever seen...except nothing was comical about.

The principal gestures with a meaty hand at the boy, "Millie, glad you came. This is Nico Di Angelo. Show him around, will you?" And just like that the two of us are dismissed.

I smile as brightly as I can at the death boy, wondering if I look like some kind of druggy. "Hey, I'm Millie. Can I see your schedule?" I ask.

Without giving me a look he hands over the piece of paper unceremoniously. "Thanks," I tell him. Science first period. Well that makes my job easy. "Come on," I gesture for Nico to follow me down a different hallway. "You have Science with me first period."

He doesn't even look at me again. Just shifts to the left, stepping in my wake.

Okay then.

When we reach the Science Lab, Nico pokes his head inside and his eyes fix on something. His eyes brighten and his face relaxes. I notice for the first time that Nico is sort of kind of handsome. And...omg! Is that a smile? Yes, yes it is. I've known this boy for approximately five minutes and already I'm cheering at him to smile more.

"Hey, Will," Nico says, leaning against the doorway. Wait...

Will turns around. Freezes. Then smiles, the full wattage Solace smile.

They fling themselves at each other and kiss.

First thought: Dam it, he's taken.

Second thought: He's gay?

Well then, there goes my crush. I realize at that moment, looking at him and Nico...um...meeting again, that I don't have a crush anymore. I know, I spent a year mooning over him and now my crush is gone like that? Doesn't seem right, but hey, they're my feelings not yours. They only have to feel right to me. And I'm positive my crush is gone.

Will and Nico are still kissing. I roll my eyes and grin, walking over to them. "Get a room!" I shout when I'm in whisper distance.

They look at me with equal sour looks.

Dam.

I ship it.

Yay!! Update!! I love Libraries!! All their books and free wifi! It's haven!! I know this one isn't as good as my other Solangelo one, sorry bout that. Hopefully my next one will Percabeth. No clue.

Anyways, be rad! Be fab! Ship Percabeth

...and Solangelo and Caleo and Jiper and all the others.

(Vote/comment/fan)
~omgitshappenninning 😜