Leo McSizzle Valdez

So, no mist one. Hope you like! ...now where did I put those skittles...

I'm eating yogurt.

My yogurt disappears.

"Peanut butter Tamara burrito!" I scream. "Where's my yogurt?"

"Calm down son. Carry this, will you?"
someone says off to my left. I turn towards the voice. Hephaestus. Say what...?

"Dad," I say in surprise.

"Carry it," he demands thrusting a backpack in my face.

"Okay..." I take the backpack hesitantly and string it around my back. "Now what?"

Dad winks. "Have fun in school. Bye!" He disappears.

Say what...?

Suddenly I'm facing a massive building with enormous silver letters hanging over two doors. I recognize the building as a high school.

Guess I'm back in school.

My yogurt appears back in my hands. I shrug.

At least I got my yogurt back.

•••••••Principal's office••••••••

"Ah, Mr. Valdez, finally" says the principal as soon as I walk into the office. He stands up from his desk. I'm confused, has he been expecting me...?

I must have said this aloud, or maybe the principal's just some sort of mortal banana mush mind reader, because he response, "Yes, why wouldn't we have been expecting you?"

I shrug and shake my head, "Never mind."

He raises an eyebrow but lets it go. "Well, I am Mr. Rugen, principal of Florin high school. I hope you enjoy you year here." He sits back down.

I snort a little.

He doesn't seem to notice.

After a minute or so of some semi awkward silence, Mr. Rugen looks back up at me. "Why are you still here?"

Oh, is this how he runs his school? Well then... I calmly turn around and without a moment of hesitation walk out the door and pull my schedule from the secretary's hand. "Thanks," I call back while walking swiftly out.

••••••••Week later•••••••

I have no friends. Even my lab partner - the weirdest, nerdiest, most bizarre person in the world there is - refused to be my friend. Apparently no one is liking the McSizzle. Oh, well. Their loss.

I head quickly to Greek to be acquainted with yet another boring study on who was in the Prophecy of Seven and what they did. You see after Hecate faded... Have I mentioned that yet? Whoops. Well it happened. Anywho, after she faded so did the Mist. So the gods were forced to reveal themselves. In addition to this, they also told the stupid fly brained nose picking mortals about the first and second great prophecy along with the second Titan war, and the second Giant war. Luckily Athena was smart enough to smack Zeus on the head before he mentioned any of us by name, so that's a plus. Probably.

Even more luckily, Hephaestus told me what exactly I was suppose to be doing at school (cause apparently not just doing the sheets and sheets of poison mortals call "homework" isn't enough). I'm suppose to find some demigods. Yeah, that ain't going so well.

I sprint in the door and plop down at me seat, just in time to hear my name called on the role.

"Leo Valdez bad boy supreme is here! McSizzle in the house!" I shout, while slapping my hands down on my desk. The sparrow of a teacher who sits in front, rolls her eyes before turning to the black board and writing the word, 'FIRE' in bold. She spins on her heel and stares at the class.

"Now, we all know that one of the Seven from the prophecy was and is a son of Hephaestus. He is also a fire user."

I lean back in my chair, a smug grin over my features. This is going to be an interesting class.

"The other six were daughters and sons of different gods and so they had different," she pauses, thinking of how to phrase it. "Powers. For example, the son of Poseidon could control water while the daughter of Pluto could call hidden gems to the surface and manipulate the mist."

Okay, now she had to ruin the whole lesson and talk about the rest of them. Ugh, I mean they're my besties, but seriously? Another class spent talking about other people besides the wonderful being that is I?

I smirk. I'm starting to sound like Lit.

"But back to Hephaestus's son. He could control fire."

Now we're going somewhere!

"There are many stories of him becoming overexcited and starting to smoke and eventually combust into flames. I know when you heard this, you might have laughed. You might have thought to yourself, how did this stupid person save my world?"

I'm not liking where this conversation is going. I feel my face heat up in anger.

"I know I did."

The rest of the class laughs.

Keep it under control, Leo. Come on McSizzle.

"I'm sure everyone in the world was dying of laughter when Zeus said it."

I glance at the clock. Banana splitting sandwich, I still had thirty minutes of this. Oh gods.

"I fell off my couch when Zeus said that the Hephaestus kid burned a bridge that connected the wind god's palace to the Earth by getting so excited while babbling on about bridges."

I know my face is a boiling red. Some slightly mature part of me is wondering how no one has noticed. But then again, they all have tears in their eyes and are falling off their chairs and banging their hands on their desks laughing so much at their memories the teacher brings back by ridiculing me.

"How is some one so stupid?" She bangs her head against the chalk board in laughter. "But-"

"STOP!" I roar. I've been bullied all my life and probably still would be. I'm used to just sitting around and taking it, but not anymore.

"Stop," I say more quietly, even though they've all pretty much shut up.

There's a couple moments of silence before a kid tentatively ask, "Leo, why is your hair on fire?"

I shoot him a look, but he's dead serious. I wave my hand above my head and feel it pass through something warm, like boiling water.

"Oh." I distinguish it with a thought and stand up. It's no use hiding myself now. I smirk at their faces. It's payback time. "I am the Supreme Commander of the Argo II, defeated of Gaea, hero of Olympus, first fire users in a millennia and son of Hephaestus. My name is Leo Valdez and this the last straw." I grab a jar from the teacher's desk and stuff my Greek notebook inside - not that I ever used it. I then set it on fire and watch as it crinkles in on itself. I walk slowly to the door and turn.

"SCREW YOU!"

So another no mist Leo chapter. Is it better? Or worst than the other one? (The Jake Miller chapter) Please, I need feedback guys.

Well, be awesome. Don't die. Pass school. Good luck my demigods.
~omgitshappenninng 😜